Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

owning a bike in Germany

Options
  • 09-09-2018 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

Am in Germany a lot for the next 6mts to a year working for a mate. One possiblity is to buy a bike and leave it here. What would be the rules re insurance etc.
    Have open drive of other bikes on my policy and mate may buy one himself. If so I could ride that. But doubt my policy would cover it in Germany.
    Any tips on German ownership of Motorbike. I see a lot of bikes in this area. And weather is superb.
    Other option is bringing my bike over for a while.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭D3V!L

st1979 wrote: »
    Am in Germany a lot for the next 6mts to a year working for a mate. One possiblity is to buy a bike and leave it here. What would be the rules re insurance etc.
    Have open drive of other bikes on my policy and mate may buy one himself. If so I could ride that. But doubt my policy would cover it in Germany.
    Any tips on German ownership of Motorbike. I see a lot of bikes in this area. And weather is superb.
    Other option is bringing my bike over for a while.

Depending on what part you're in it may not be worth your while. If you're in the South , In two months time winter will start and you won't be able to drive until march or April next year.

Advertisement