Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction Drawings - Dublin 16 Side Extension

Options
  • 09-09-2018 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi Guys,

i'm looking for recommendations for an architectural technologist to do construction drawings for a 40sqm side extension in Dublin 16.

Planning approved.

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

michael100 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

i'm looking for recommendations for an architectural technologist to do construction drawings for a 40sqm side extension in Dublin 16.

Planning approved.

thanks

Will you be opting into the statutory certificate process of BCAR or opting out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 michael100

From any reading I've done I think opt in.

But haven't found an article which really gives the pros and cons of both e.g. impact with bank for loan issue, impact on future sale and compliance certs, increased responsibility on owner if somethings goes wrong etc.

I have no real preference either way just don't want to have issues with bank/planning/future sale.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

michael100 wrote: »
    From any reading I've done I think opt in.

But haven't found an article which really gives the pros and cons of both e.g. impact with bank for loan issue, impact on future sale and compliance certs, increased responsibility on owner if somethings goes wrong etc.

I have no real preference either way just don't want to have issues with bank/planning/future sale.

Cheers, it makes a difference who you engage.
    To Opt In, you need to appoint a Registered Building Surveyor, Chartered Engineer or Registered Architect. They are the only 3 professions legislated to act as an Assigned Certifier.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭yurtyaherne

Who did you get to do your planning drawings?

Advertisement