Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Housing

Options
  • 09-09-2018 12:09am
    Site Banned Posts: 386 ✭✭

Living on the rock and roll, knocking a one up the pole seems to be the easiest way in obtaining a house these days.
    When will the ordinary working person who has the dinner in the middle of the day get looked after?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Irish Kings

Never mind the advertisers, who like to pretend we are all middle class, so we will buy as much of their junk as possible.
    Anyone who has to work for a living out of necessity is in reality working class.

In reality, there are three classes of people in Ireland. The welfare class, the working class, and the connected class.

The working class are worked and taxed to death, from the cradle to grave, to pay for the other two classes.

There's a nice cosy little arrangement between both the welfare class and the connected class in Ireland, if you don't mess with us, we won't mess with you. This nice little arrangement has always worked extremely well for both.

The only time it was forgotten was when the connected class made the huge strategic mistake of extending the water charges to the welfare class.
    If the had not made that mistake we, the working people of Ireland, would be paying water charges directly, instead of through general taxation of us.
    Other than that blip, it's been a very smooth arrangement for them both.

Oh and by the way there is no housing crisis, what we actually have is Dublin concentration crisis, but that's for another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭893bet

Jimmy,

Your views are original for after hours. Where did you draw inspiration from?

Awaiting your next post.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Midnight on a Saturday and another social housing thread is the best you can do? Unoriginal - D minus for effort

What not tackle the real issues like why McDonald's are trying to kill us all with the Fiery Chicken Buffalo one?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,749 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Jimmy. wrote: »
    Living on the rock and roll, knocking a one up the pole seems to be the easiest way in obtaining a house these days.
    When will the ordinary working person who has the dinner in the middle of the day get looked after?

Other people won't give you a proper answer. You will be in your new house by the end of next January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

I don't see an issue with social housing - private rents are gone insane. Unfortunately there are the sponges, but there will always be people who genuinely need a helping hand too.

• Advertisement

The reality is, wages have fallen in real terms since the crash.
    Rents have increased.

It's not only those on the "rock and roll" as the op called it who are in need of social housing anymore. It's now a pretty significant group of the working poor, too.

That's not the fault of those who are claiming welfare.

That's a much bigger problem with the system - but sure why bother to question the reasons. It's much easier to blame those who don't make the big decisions. They don't have a big expensive PR firm (paid for by the taxpayers), to explain why there is insufficient housing, or steer the conversation away from the fact that houses, and rents, are ridiculously overpriced..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

The ordinary working person doesn't have dinner in the middle of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Oh and by the way there is no housing crisis, what we actually have is Dublin concentration crisis, but that's for another thread.
    I dunno. Rents are gone crazy - not just in Dublin. People cannot afford to buy either, and there is a shortage of accommodation. Leaving aside the folk who don't work and who think they are entitled to get a home sorted for them wherever they want, the first things I mentioned are affecting those who work and pay their way.

My parents' first home in south Dublin cost them 5 grand, that house would be worth in excess of half a million today. It's madness.

• Site Banned Posts: 386 ✭✭Jimmy.

Yes they do, perharps you are working in an office. Not real work, where a few bits of lettuce will keep you going while you press a few keyboard keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,544 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The more kids you have the higher you go in the list, it's pure wreckless fooks riding for dollars.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Yes they do, perharps you are working in an office. Not real work, where a few bits of lettuce will keep you going while you press a few keyboard keys.

You must live down the country. Us civilised people have dinner in the evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

No they don't.

You're thinking about lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Irish Kings

You must live down the country. Us civilised people have dinner in the evenings.

I ring the bell when I get home in the evenings and the butler always brings it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭DChancer

You lost any shred of credibility with infantile post

• Registered Users Posts: 40,976 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

How original. A dole bashing, slut shaming thread

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 40,976 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

They do in Kerry

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭d15ude

It's a free country, you can have dinner when ever you want to!
    In fact, I'm having dinner right now.

Advertisement