Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sonos Beam opinions

• 08-09-2018 7:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭

Giving serious thought to getting a Sonos Beam. We have mainly solid walls in the sitting room so hiding cables and the like could be difficult. Thinking of getting a Beam for now as it’s a medium sized room and down the line I could always add a couple of Play 1s into the mix

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Got it. Absolutely love it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

What size room is it in? How's the bass response? I read a lot of reviews talking about needing the expensive subwoofer. When I saw the price for it I was put off Sonos altogether. However the beam and playbar seem to be at the top of nearly every soundbar top 10 i'm looking atm.

Room is 18.5m2 (4.5x4.7m). Not tiny but not enormous either. I’m really impressed with the sound out of it, delighted I made the jump. Initially I had thought that I’d maybe add the rear Sonos Ones for surround sound but there’s no need especially since we’re semi d at the moment. If we ever go detached then I’ll add those first and consider the subwoofer even further down the line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Looking at the beam also, considering moving from a 10 year old 5.1 home cinema setup to just a beam, ya reckon beam will be a let down after being used to a 5.1 system?

Looking at the beam also, considering moving from a 10 year old 5.1 home cinema setup to just a beam, ya reckon beam will be a let down after being used to a 5.1 system?

On its own that’s a possibility but then again you can always use the Beam as part of a 5.1 system

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Yeah I was thinking that as an option down the line, probably pop into a harvey norman and see if I can test it for myself

Yeah I was thinking that as an option down the line, probably pop into a harvey norman and see if I can test it for myself

I tried it out in Curry's, most shops like that will have speakers set up for customers to try out

Advertisement