Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leap Card app permissions - Bluetooth??

Options
  • 08-09-2018 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭

Any idea why the Leap Card app on Android is now asking for Bluetooth permissions?
    Worked perfectly well before, can't see any reason why an NFC card app would need access to Bluetooth?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I was wondering that myself.

Tried to talk to tech support on the phone about something else the other day. They seem to have sourced it to overseas. Couldn't understand him and he couldn't understand me. I gave up, so didn't get to ask about the Bluetooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

They tweeted they messed up and were looking into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭long_b

beauf wrote: »
    I was wondering that myself.

Tried to talk to tech support on the phone about something else the other day. They seem to have sourced it to overseas. Couldn't understand him and he couldn't understand me. I gave up, so didn't get to ask about the Bluetooth.

I emailed them about it but no answer. Seemed really odd alright, for all we were to know it could have been an app hijack or something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Bluetooth beacons maybe?
    Might get offers etc when you are on a bus or train etc

Advertisement