Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing in Cavan, advice needed

Options
  • 08-09-2018 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I have a couple of days off work next week and plan on going to do some deadbaiting in Cavan.
    Looking for some advice in somewhere that I might have a chance of getting a fish. I have never fished there before so don't know where to go.
    I'd be limited enough in the distance I could travel from my car due to a knee injury.

Could anyone suggest somewhere in a private message that might be worth considering. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Hi all,
    I have a couple of days off work next week and plan on going to do some deadbaiting in Cavan.
    Looking for some advice in somewhere that I might have a chance of getting a fish. I have never fished there before so don't know where to go.
    I'd be limited enough in the distance I could travel from my car due to a knee injury.

Could anyone suggest somewhere in a private message that might be worth considering. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Anywhere that there are no eastern Europeans frequenting should be good.

Mod - banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭cd07

Lough muckno in monaghan has some cracking pike in it well worth a go

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Mullagh Lake has some decent pike and you can fish from the car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,504 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Killykeen and Killeshandra town lakes are easy to access and plenty of fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭antietam1

Anyone familiar with Lough Sheelin? if so is it difficult to land on the island with the old church ditto the one with the castle and is this permitted.
    I notice that if you turn right at the church in Finea go about two hundred metres at that left turn is the slipway but it just says cul de sac.
    We drove past it 2 or 3 times.

• Advertisement
Advertisement