Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

repairing smart phone and privacy

Options
  • 08-09-2018 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

If a a smart phone has to be returned for repair will reset really wipe all the data? There are private emails relating to work on this phone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,903 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

No the data is not wiped till its overwriten. You can get apps that fill the phone after a factory reset.

But more importantly I'd be checking your work policy on email and how it's handled. You might not be able to drop the phone in for repair as it has their data on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

OK i backed up to computer. i can see most files when i browse but do not see photos that are in a photo app. so has it not backed up these photos?

I would prefer not to have to return it -the hassle. it says the proximity switch in not detected when i run this test https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IRySxRr_IM

His says on and off when he moves his hand 23 secs . mine says not detected. but when i pass my hand over the sensor i get a notification sound the same as my text message notification sound as he gets when it says off. Hoping a reset might fix

The problem is the screen does not light when i get a call and i have to press the power button to light the screen, then pull down the tiny phone icon from the top and then press answer. sometimes answer does not appear

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

Hi this sounds like a notification issue rather than a something broken. tap phone then the 3 dots in the top right and scroll down to notifications. make sure importance is urgent and on lock screen is set to show content.

@guil
    When i tap phone then the 3 dots in the top right there is no notifications or importance option . also when i leave my phone on desk and do not touch it and call it from another from another phone it will not turn on screen. but when the incoming call is hung up the screen lights up.?

Thanks

Sorry I left out tap settings after the 3 dots. 

• Advertisement

after settings i have

display options/sounds and vibration calls/block numbers

None of them have the options you mentioned

What phone have you got? Have you tried going to notifications in setting?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Could it be do not disturb is enabled?

Fixed it

It is an xperia l1. in notifications the phone says silenced. but i discoverd that when i get a call i can pull down and hold the incoming call and select don't silence. Then click finished. That fixed it.

Thanks for your help guil and others. Much appreciated

Advertisement