Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduation meal

Options
  • 08-09-2018 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭

Hi could I please get some recommendations for a nice meal in Dublin City centre for my daughters graduation meal. She is quite a picky eater so somewhere that would do pizza but not a pizza joint somewhere classy. We tried Sophie today but we were not blown away! Thank you in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Would Da Mimmo in North Strand be too far out/not what you mean by classy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Millers Pizza baggot street

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

spurious wrote: »
    Would Da Mimmo in North Strand be too far out/not what you mean by classy?
    By classy I mean we will be dressed up so we don't want to stand out.
    I will have a look thank you

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You get all sorts in Da Mimmo. Not full formal, but certainly suits.
    It's quite difficult to book though, so in plenty of time if it's for an evening.

Highly recommend it for a visit, even if you don't choose it for the graduation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Millers is gourmet pizza

As Baggot street most people in suits etc for work anyway, so depends on what time you are going in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭kinsy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Thank you. It will be around five in the evening. I'll check out all above. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

La Caverna in Temple Bar would be a good shout - has a mixed menu (but pizza is on it and is lovely) and isn't too informal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

I know you say not a pizza joint, but maybe consider Pizza Stop just off Chatham street.

It's the original Pizza restaurant and still in my opinion the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

gonker wrote: »
    By classy I mean we will be dressed up so we don't want to stand out.
    I will have a look thank you

Da Mimmo is by far the best pizzeria in all of Dublin city. The atmosphere is great. You will find all types of people here. Wealthy business men and the likes. You won't stand out if you are dressed well here. If you are looking for fantastic pizza and wine, then come here. If you are looking for "it looks like pizza" with a pretentious atmosphere, there's plenty of places to chose from in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭patsypantaloni

Roberta’s is a really nice spot next door to the Clarence, lovely place and varied menu including pizza, think it would be a nice place to celebrate a graduation

https://robertas.ie/menus/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Roberta's Wellington Quay/ Very nice classy but not too up its own you know

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

CeilingFly wrote: »
    I know you say not a pizza joint, but maybe consider Pizza Stop just off Chatham street.

It's the original Pizza restaurant and still in my opinion the best.

It's gone downhill big time.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Little Caeser's on Balfe St. opposite The Westbury would probably tick your boxes OP.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I liked Forno 500, on Dame Street in the City Centre. Fancier (in terms of decor) than Da Mimmio and the pizzas were very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I second Angelinas.

Been there before and it's very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

The downstairs restaurant section of caffe di napoli on westland row is a nice spot and should offer what your looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Only issue OP with the likes of Forno 500, etc.. they're Naples type pizza (lovely pizzas) so depending how fussy of an eater your daughter is, they may not be suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

kinsy wrote: »

Lucio's is the fanciest of the places mentioned and would be most suitable I think for a graduation meal, only thing is 5pm might be a bit early. Maybe book in for a bit later and go to the rooftop bar in the Marker beforehand for a cocktail?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭CinammonGirl

Cirillos on Baggot St, good pizzas, lively atmosphere

• Advertisement
Advertisement