Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

replacement golf battery

Options
  • 07-09-2018 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

Looking to replace my golf glider battery as it's crocked. Local pro shop is looking for €250 for a 3 year battery. Any advice on what to buy or not to buy, thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,121 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Lithium or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭crusier

More than likely lithium, I thought they were the longer lasting?

crusier wrote: »
    More than likely lithium, I thought they were the longer lasting?

They are, but are significantly more expensive.

I'd look at tayna.co.uk

I've bought from them before and much cheaper inc delivery than anything I could find near me here.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

If you can stretch to it go Lithium... wins on all counts... weight, speed to recharge, life, should be cheaper when taken over the projected life. How old is your Glider? I only ask because I bought a lithium battery for a very old glider and found I had to have the motor replaced to get it to work properly.

• Advertisement

bmay529 wrote:
    If you can stretch to it go Lithium... wins on all counts... weight, speed to recharge, life, should be cheaper when taken over the projected life. How old is your Glider? I only ask because I bought a lithium battery for a very old glider and found I had to have the motor replaced to get it to work properly.

It's about 7 years old

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Amazon is your best bet you'll get a decent Ah gel battery for around €40 delivered. Lithium are better but at such a cheap price point for standard batteries I'm not sure by how much. I guess it'll reduce your waste with a longer life span.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

It's about 7 years old

My glider was a good deal older... 20+ years! When I first got the new lithium battery it worked fine on my home course but when I played any long track it gave up on 17 or 18th hole... apparently an old style motor and when I got a new one it was fine. The last few lead batteries I got only lasted about 18 months, a lithium is supposed to last 5 years+... I would def say go for lithium!!

bmay529 wrote: »
    My glider was a good deal older... 20+ years! When I first got the new lithium battery it worked fine on my home course but when I played any long track it gave up on 17 or 18th hole... apparently an old style motor and when I got a new one it was fine. The last few lead batteries I got only lasted about 18 months, a lithium is supposed to last 5 years+... I would def say go for lithium!!

When it was €100 for a lead and €300 for a lithium it made sense, but now you can get 36hole lead delivered for €50, Im going to stick with lead for now.

GreeBo wrote:
    When it was €100 for a lead and €300 for a lithium it made sense, but now you can get 36hole lead delivered for €50, Im going to stick with lead for now.

Are the recievers that plug into the golf glider the same on the battery or is it something that can be transferred from an old battery. Sorry not very technically blessed.

• Advertisement

Are the recievers that plug into the golf glider the same on the battery or is it something that can be transferred from an old battery. Sorry not very technically blessed.

There are really two types torberry (black and red plug) or the T-bar type that powacaddy use.

Most batteries will come with one or the other and you can buy a lead that converts one to the other anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,874 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Lithium all the way.
    It will more than likely come with an attachment for your glider.
    Much much lighter, charge time reduced to a couple of hours (great if you are like me and keep forgetting to charge her up), smaller and handier.
    I've had mine for over a year now so not sure on how long it lasts, but while it was about 3 times more expensive than a lead battery, it supposed to last 3-5 times longer.

don't be cheap, spend a few quid and treat yourself, you will never regret it

Advertisement