Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a fast STD test.

Options
  • 07-09-2018 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Went for an STD test recently. I'm all good, but the results took 14 days. Bit of a long bloody wait. Thought they'd have something faster in 2018. Just went to a regular GP and they took blood and urine.

Is it possible to get a same day test anywhere? I got a same day test when I was in bleedin Africa for Christ's sake!

I'm in Cork city by the way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Bacteria take a number of days to grow and identify.

Blood tests can take a number of days to process based on the workload of the lab or sending the samples to a reference lab for confirmatory testing.

Your results were probably ready within a week but your GP may have told you come back in 2 weeks to ensure all the results were completed.

I'm guessing the testing you had done in Africa would have been a much simpler qualitative test (positive or negative). It wouldn't have been as accurate as the diagnostic tests here in Ireland.

Advertisement