Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childminder prices south Dublin City

Options
  • 06-09-2018 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm trying to find out the going rate for childminders. Would be 30 mins for drop off 5 days a week, and then collection 4 days a week and minded 4. 5 hours per day which is 1 hour more than we need.

We provide breakfast but lunch would be provided by the minder.

In total its 2.5 hours in the morning and 18 hours in the afternoon.

Minder would also be minding 3/4 other children.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

2k a week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

RasTa wrote: »
    2k a week

I better quit my job and do this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Paulf2006 wrote: »

In total its 2.5 hours in the morning and 18 hours in the afternoon.

Minder would also be minding 3/4 other children.

Yes definitely2k per week.its the18 hours in the afternoon that would be the killer OP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Yes definitely2k per week.its the18 hours in the afternoon that would be the killer OP

Most want 10e minimum an hour, complete joke, just to sit in your home and play on their phone

I’d sooner give up my job than pay that whilst they claim benefits too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Most want 10e minimum an hour, complete joke, just to sit in your home and play on their phone

Well give ot up then.

The saying pay peanuts get monkeys also applies to people minding your kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Well give ot up then.

The saying pay peanuts get monkeys also applies to people minding your kids.

Nonsense, paying a premium doesn’t ensure a good service

There are decent childminders out there, but very few and far between

A lot see this is as a easy job due to having no education or skills rather than as a genuine interest in the job

I’d pay 10e or more providing they declare tax on it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

If it's in your home then you need to register for prsi and usc and employers paye so it's going to cost a whole lot more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Caranica wrote: »
    If it's in your home then you need to register for prsi and usc and employers paye so it's going to cost a whole lot more

Ha ha. Yeh of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Ha ha. Yeh of course.

It's the law!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭JDMC2

I have a BSc and an MBA. I also have three children in primary school.

I have two options (1) work for a relatively good salary (100k?), pay a childminder/Creche approx €350 week to drop/collect kids to/from school, see my children in the morning when we are all stressing about getting out of the house on time, and in the evening when the kids, husband and I are shattered; OR
    (2) be a ‘stay-at-home working mum’ i.e. be a mum to not only my kids but to other kids also.
    In addition to my own three children, I mind three others. I treat them all equally. I feed, discipline, cuddle, play with, and love them all. When the ‘borrowed’ kids leave, my own get an extra cuddle!
    I charge €10 an hour. I’m registered for tax etc. I had a lovely, challenging job with lots of benefits. However, I had to make a choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

JDMC2 wrote: »
    I have a BSc and an MBA. I also have three children in primary school.

I have two options (1) work for a relatively good salary (100k?), pay a childminder/Creche approx €350 week to drop/collect kids to/from school, see my children in the morning when we are all stressing about getting out of the house on time, and in the evening when the kids, husband and I are shattered; OR
    (2) be a ‘stay-at-home working mum’ i.e. be a mum to not only my kids but to other kids also.
    In addition to my own three children, I mind three others. I treat them all equally. I feed, discipline, cuddle, play with, and love them all. When the ‘borrowed’ kids leave, my own get an extra cuddle!
    I charge €10 an hour. I’m registered for tax etc. I had a lovely, challenging job with lots of benefits. However, I had to make a choice.

Works for you but I'm sure there are lots of mothers would like a career outside of the home. Option 1 doesn't have to be a ugly as you make it sound.

Advertisement