Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best motor insurance company for a claim?

Options
  • 06-09-2018 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

So I was on my dad's insurance in 2017 with Zurich as a named driver, and I had an accident where 9000 was claimed, as there was a 3rd party involved. I was in fault despite the fact that I had numerous injuries and the 3rd party had no scratches. There was no alcohol involved or anything, I simply just slipped of black ice and ran into the other car. Anyways that is besides the point. I have only 1 year no claims bonus.

So I am now looking for my own insurance, I only have named driving experience of 3 years. I got my license in 2015 and i have been driving as a named driving under my dad's policy ever since. Now I want to go out on my own as I'm no longer a student and i have a full time job.
    I'm finding it hard to get a quote. Quote devil gave me a quote fully comp of €1750.
    A lot of places would not insure me as I have to be 3 years or more no claims.
    So can someone help me as to names of good insurance companies or brokers that would deal with or insure cases like mine
    Thanks So much guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Where are you getting your 1 year No Claim Bonus from?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,954 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

€1750 with history of a recent claim, I'd take it all day long, very good quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,391 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Danyella wrote: »
    I was in fault despite the fact that I had numerous injuries and the 3rd party had no scratches.

For what it's worth. Your use of the word 'despite' above implies......

You were injured, he wasn't. Therefore it was all his fault :confused:

€1750 with history of a recent claim, I'd take it all day long, very good quote.

Unless the OP is telling insurers that they have 1yrs NCB, which I don't see how they can have.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Danyella

I'm looking for good brokers/companies that would deal with my situation. Thats all I'm asking. 3 people replied and not one I got names of brokers or insurance companies

• Advertisement

Where are you getting your 1 year No Claim Bonus from?

Ok so I don't have a No claims bonus so. I thought seeing as it happened March 2017 and now it's August 2018

coylemj wrote: »
    For what it's worth. Your use of the word 'despite' above implies......

You were injured, he wasn't. Therefore it was all his fault :confused:

No I went over the other side of the road

As a named driver on someone's policy you don't earn a No Claim Bonus, you earn Driving Experience. They are different things

Advertisement