Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question on someone using my clubs during competition...

Options
  • 06-09-2018 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭

I'll be playing in a competition with two guys, one of whom won't be in the competition. Can the guy not in the competition hit my irons? He wants to try them out to potentially buy them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,870 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

as far as I am aware that is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

I don't see any reason that he couldn't given he's not playing in the competition. Same as someone out playing a casual round.

Only catch I could think of would be if he was planning to play in the same comp later, as it could be deemed practice, or if your club has an issue with taking up a competition slot on the timesheet

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The club may have an issue with it, as if the club has everyone in pairs, the three ball will slow everyone down, especially as the 3rd person will be trying the clubs out for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭OEP

There's no issue with having a 3rd that's not playing the competition, we've done it many times. I was only concerned with the use of the clubs. Thanks for your answers.

the_syco wrote: »
    The club may have an issue with it, as if the club has everyone in pairs, the three ball will slow everyone down, especially as the 3rd person will be trying the clubs out for the first time.

What club sends 2balls out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Seve OB wrote: »
    What club sends 2balls out?

club's without a full timesheet ðŸ˜

kieran. wrote: »
    club's without a full timesheet

yea but they don't actively send you out in pairs

that was just a silly comment to make, but I stand to be corrected

Advertisement