Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family car insurance Ireland & Northern Ireland

Options
  • 06-09-2018 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭

Good morning all

Can anyone help with getting car insurance cover this is my current scenario.

Daughter 1 (Age 21) insured for Mitsubishi Colt in Ireland renewal 31st Dec.- €1,200.00

Wife and daughter 2 (Age 19 only passed test in May 2018) insured on wife's insurance for audi A1 in Ireland renewal Mar 2019 - €2,100.

Our situation has changed in that daughter 1 will be attending college and living in Northern Ireland for two years. Not a problem as I have a UK registered Kia Rio she can use.

So do I need to use two different insurance companies one Irish and one Northern Irish? or can I do it all through one.

Ideally this is what I need.

Daughter 1 insured on UK reg Kia Rio for Northern Irl

Daughter 2 insured on Mitsubishi Colt for Irl

Wife insured on Audi A1 for Irl

The issue really is the high cost to insure daughter 2 on the Mitsubishi currently got a quote of €2,500.00.

Any help much appreciated.

Advertisement