Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung galaxy s7 gps not working

Options
  • 06-09-2018 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi
    have an s7 about a year now.
    A few days ago the Google maps stopped working.
    It constantly says - searching for gps.
    Really need to get it sorted.
    Internet works fine, travel around a fair bit and have good coverage most of the time on Vodafone network, so im fairly sure its not a coverage issue.
    Any ideas ?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

I had a similar problem before. A factory reset sorted mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Use this to reset the GPS Stack.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2&hl=en

Then wait about 3 minutes with a clear sky above it.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭TECH85

ED E wrote: »
    Use this to reset the GPS Stack.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2&hl=en

Then wait about 3 minutes with a clear sky above it.

Hey, tryed this but no luck.
    Still the same problem.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭TECH85

Fixed.
    For anyone having the same problem and come across this, i called vodafone and they updated vpn settings from their side as some were missing , turned phone off and on as they instructed, and all working perfect since..

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭betistuc

Why won't my S8+ automatically select a network when I move from Country to Country. It all has to be done manually and can sometimes take ages . Am I doing something wrong . Auto connect is showing in the Network mode section and Network Operators>Select automatically is selected. My S7 never had this problem. I'd gladly have it back if I could

Any ideas anyone!!!!

If this subject has already been covered could someone point me to it. Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement