Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why don't People text back?

Options
  • 05-09-2018 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭

xxx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

People that do that are either stupidly ignorant or playing some games, don't waste your time communicating with them either way. Delete their numbers and stop responding. Find yourself a person who actually shows interest in you by responding to you frequently and who apologises when they don't respond for a 'long' time, these are people who'll actually be mindful towards how you feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Unanimous

Exactly,

We all have our phones on us all the time an so theres hardly any excuse as to why one can't reply a text.

moving on...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Chill! Not everybody uses the phone as their only line to life. You sent a message.. You got a response... It just didnt happen fast enough for you... It may be perfectly fast enough for the other person..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Arrival wrote: »
    People that do that are either stupidly ignorant or playing some games, don't waste your time communicating with them either way. Delete their numbers and stop responding. Find yourself a person who actually shows interest in you by responding to you frequently and who apologises when they don't respond for a 'long' time, these are people who'll actually be mindful towards how you feel.

Spot on, manners cost nothing.

Whoever probably lost interest, or they have "benched" you therefore you're a backburner in case some other person they're chasing doesn't work out. People do this s**t in online dating more so. And I know I few other guys that have been in this situation and they'll hold out for a person for ages because they've got nothing else lined up other than the person they dated the once or twice won't put them out of their misery and is "breadcrumbing" them or has them "benched"

Have 2 female friends and they gave me some lingo in regards to online dating and both fellas and women do it. I can't remember half of the lingo but breadcrumbing, ghosting and being benched were the ones I remembered.

Save yourself the time and bulls**t and chop them off at the ankles OP. <SNIP>

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement