Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question on controlling Philips Hue lighting with Alexa

Options
  • 05-09-2018 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Late to the game of smart lighting I just picked up a Philips Hue color B22 starter pack. I have it set up with one bulb in a lamp in sitting room, one in bed room and one in Bathroom.

I have set it up in Alexa and I can turn on and off the lights and change the colors with voice commands. However I have not figured out if and how I can have Alexa set a specific scene i.e. Savannah Sunset. So I am wondering of one of the more experienced folks here could tell me if this is possible and if yes, is there some configuration I missed or maybe I am not giving Alexa the correct command.

I ask "Alexa, set living room to Savannah Sunset" or "Set living room scene to Savannah Sunset" and I get the response "I don't know how to set living room to that setting".

TIA for any advice.

*** Edit ***

It's ok, I got sorted. I was giving the wrong voice command. The voice command required is "Alexa, turn on <scene name> in <location>.

Advertisement