Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laytown Thursday

Options
  • 05-09-2018 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

TOGOVILLE running off 74 (aw 89) must have every chance 5.45.
    Is 1-1 at the track and 2 of the last 3 winners of the race have been drawn in 10.

GL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

"Melbourne 10 Racing" to go through the card?

Jamie Osborne going to do a Gordon Elliot on us? Should be interesting card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Did Osborne not bring over loads of horses for Laytown last year too?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Did Osborne not bring over loads of horses for Laytown last year too?

Sure did and the year before. Don't remember him having so many favs though or the owners with one in every race. Should be some fun moves i the betting tomorrow. GL

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Would be inclined to take Jamie's horses on to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Like Red All Star e/w at 14/1 in the last. Winner of same race last year from 2 pounds higher. Some recent poor form on turf can probably be ovelooked as is better on the sand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

St Gallen looked a decent bet to me. Total hound but a capable one nevertheless, running style should suit Laytown and Derek O'Connor booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

St Gallen looked a decent bet to me. Total hound but a capable one nevertheless, running style should suit Laytown and Derek O'Connor booked.

On this one myself. Fingers crossed. I like the jockey booking a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Niallers87

Hi lads, I got a bit of word for Cyrus Galllen in the 4:15, I can see there has been a bit of money for him,anybody got any thoughts on the race itself?

Niallers87 wrote: »
    Hi lads, I got a bit of word for Cyrus Galllen in the 4:15, I can see there has been a bit of money for him,anybody got any thoughts on the race itself?

They weren't trying very hard on it's two runs for current yard to my eye, has now got down to mark of <=65 which qualifies it for this race, so if this was the plan (and it's a pretty weird plan to aim it at a claimer where it could be claimed for 5k) and it is trying harder than previously, then would certainly be up to winning this IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Letmestopyouthere 545

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

zpehtsfd wrote: »

I don't think he done that well last year if memory servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Imagine paying for horses in training and you end up sending them to fecking Laytown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

I love it when a Denis Hogan smash up job comes together.

kiers47 wrote: »
    I love it when a Denis Hogan smash up job comes together.
    All for landing a touch and that but anyone who bet that thing in its previous two runs would've been better off giving their money to charity tbf

All for landing a touch and that but anyone who bet that thing in its previous two runs would've been better off giving their money to charity tbf

Wasnt on btw. Just having a laugh.

I gave up betting Hogan's horse a good few years ago. Cant get the man right.

Wasnt on btw. Just having a laugh.

I gave up betting Hogan's horse a good few years ago. Cant get the man right.

Wasn't on today, wasn't on previously. But is worth rewatching the rides that horse has got on previous two runs (at big prices) vs ride it got today (when smashed off the boards) - let people form their own opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

6:15 mygoodbrother.. flying at home. Connections are very confident he fly home in a weak race.
    Word from the yard is Keane's ride in the second is also in great form

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

You have to laugh is there a worse trainer than shark Hanlon in Ireland ha

FWIW i have had the two bets today on the beach. Which i know it gets a lot of praise and others complain about the standard.

But it is some sight tbh and it should be celebrated for the event it is.

Anyway i thought Ishebayorgrey in the 4.45 was a fair bet at 6/1 or thereabouts. It is a very average race for the grade and the favorite is way way to short.

Confrontational in the 5.45 i thought was the bet of the day at about 16/1. He is a lightly raced 4yo for the grade and i think this race will set up absolutely perfectly for him. Sit in about 3rd or just off the lead and Foley needs to just land him on the line as he doesnt do a tap under pressure. But i think he will be there or thereabouts.

I have also chanced Flowerhill Nova in next but it is leap of faith stuff given way its been running recently, still a weak race and switch to the beach may trigger some sort of enthusiasm for game again

• Advertisement

4 from 4 for Gordon in Sedgefield today

Some man elliot, if racing was more popular with the youth today Hanlon would literally be a meme ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Not often I say it but that wasn't a good ride by codd on markhan in the last race didn't even move the horse till it was way too late

Waqaas in the next has about 2 stone in hand on ratings. Youd be worried enough backing it considering they punted the ears off the last winner for the same connections. They took every price.
    Would be fairly stink now if he couldn't take this contest after the drift.

Strange drift that. He battled well there. The rating of 90 is probably a stretch though.

Confrontational in the 5.45 i thought was the bet of the day at about 16/1. He is a lightly raced 4yo for the grade and i think this race will set up absolutely perfectly for him. Sit in about 3rd or just off the lead and Foley needs to just land him on the line as he doesnt do a tap under pressure. But i think he will be there or thereabouts.

Damn you Osbourne!! I was sweet on that one :(

7.00 khelman 12/1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

3 winners, a 2nd, 3rd, 4th from 7 runners impressive

Jesus they are having some go off this Just Us Two in the last here. They want every price.

• Advertisement
Advertisement