Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton t90z shower unit

Options
  • 05-09-2018 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭

Hi folks

We have a Triton t90z, on Monday just gone, the water flow just stopped (as my 16 yr old daughter was mid shower). Now I've changed the solenoid today, bled it and cleaned the filter, turned it in and still no water coming out. I have noticed that it is making an awful racket in the right side of the unit where the heating coil is. Would that be the problem or is it a new shower for us?

It's only a few yrs old but the water is quite limey, it's only the second shower we've had to install in the 20yrs since we built our house as the old one just kept going strong till it fell apart 2 yrs ago, the warranty is out by a few mths.

TIA.

Ps
    It's tank fed and the tank is full.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭kramer1

Brushes maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,961 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Water flow stopped. When you turn it on is there even a drop of water or totally dry? If dry I'd test the solenoid with a multi meter or try a new solenoid.

Not a good idea running the shower with the element on without water. Try boiling a kettle without water & you'll burn the element out.

Try running it without the shower head & hose. It's possible these are blocked or the rubber tube is kinked inside the hose.

As a last test I'd take cover off & turn it on for a second to see if the motor is spinning. I can't stress enough that you have to be VERY careful with the cover off

Advertisement