Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One S and Sky Q

Options
  • 05-09-2018 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

Playing with my new Xbox and wondering about setting up with the Sky box.

The S looks like it has an IR receiver at the front, does it still need the receiver the one guide set up talks about?

Does it pass through the signal? My wife won't have any interest in turning on the Xbox to watch the TV, so she can still use the Sky remote as normal without turning on the xbox?

Lastly, is it worth it???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I used to use the sky box through the Xbox. I was great on the fat xbox with Kinect but it the sensor never quite worked properly with the X. It was basic voice commands for powering everything on/off, swapping to games/modes and volume, the sky remote did the channel changing (voice commands a bit inaccurate for that). As I've since sold the Kinect it doesn't really make sense for us to run TV through the xbox anymore - I'm not paying extra for the xbox remote. It's a shame they killed off Kinect as it was a great tool - I see Amazon are now launching some box that does the same thing (that people will probably snap up!)

Your Sky box will connect to the HDMI In port on the Xbox, the Xbox need to be powered on to view TV. It can be set to open automatically to TV when it powers on though so there's still only one button to press (xbox can power on the TV and sound equipment too). As mentioned above, the sky remote will still work.

It was worth it with Kinect, my xbox barely gets powered on anymore now though as I just don't have the time - should probably sell it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Thanks, think I'll leave it 8)

Advertisement