Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei P20 Pro - best deal no contract

Options
  • 04-09-2018 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

So, as the title suggests I'm after one of these phones but don't want a 24 month contract so will be looking to buy outright.

I'm not keen on buying from China direct due to the hassle around customs/vat.

I see some ads on adverts from phone shops in Dublin @ around €620. These claim to be brand new & unlocked - are they legit?

Today I saw it for €549.99 in Carphone Warehouse on Three prepay. It seemed that €10 credit must be purchased at the same time. If I buy this can I then use an online service to unlock? Do the install any specific bloatware these days?

Has anyone seen any good deals or know any other routes to getting this device?

Comments

I believe the ones on adverts are grey imports. You shouldn't have any problems with them, but you wouldn't be able to insure them.

3 don't include bloatware, at least my last few devices haven't had any. 3 of my last 4 devices bought new from 3 have been SIM unlocked, but I have also bought them all on release, so less likely to be locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Lochlannach

Basil3 wrote: »
    I believe the ones on adverts are grey imports. You shouldn't have any problems with them, but you wouldn't be able to insure them.

3 don't include bloatware, at least my last few devices haven't had any. 3 of my last 4 devices bought new from 3 have been SIM unlocked, but I have also bought them all on release, so less likely to be locked.

Maybe the 3 one and unlocking would be the way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Maybe the 3 one and unlocking would be the way to go.

How much would they be to unlock?

Also, it seems to be 599 on Three?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Lochlannach

Pacifico wrote: »
    How much would they be to unlock?

Also, it seems to be 599 on Three?

Looks like €21 on adverts to unlock.

That price seems to be a carphone warehouse deal on the black phone - three does list at €599 on their site.

Deal aside three does also list twilight...I'm interested but haven't been able to find one to see it in the flesh so to speak.

Advertisement