Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone playing Long Term Games?

Options
  • 04-09-2018 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,460 ✭✭✭✭

Are there any games that you've been playing on your phone for a long time?

I have 3 long term games at the moment.

I've been playing Clash of Clans daily for about 2-3 years. Not battling as much as I should be, but I'm level 104 and still making progress.

I've been playing Boom Beach daily for about 18 months. Currently level 48.

Finally I'm playing Crafty Candy, a match 3 game. Probably about 2-3 years on that one. I'm up around level 1300 or so. I play it on and off and not as much as I used to. I've been playing it a lot in the last week though (I finally got past the level I was stuck on). :)

They are all freemium games with micro transactions, but the only one I have spent money on is Clash of Clans (and only about €20 in total).

Is anyone else playing any mobile games for years?

Do you keep coming back because the forward momentum is strong? Are you just grabbing daily bonuses/resources? Any other reason?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

I've played Cascade for well over a year now. It's just a fun game that I enjoy. I can progress without having to buy anything.

I've been playing Empires & Puzzles for awhile, maybe not a year but it's definitely one I'm going to be playing for a good while yet. Again, I can make progress and have fun without buying, although this is one game I have spent money on.

I have Candy Crush saga still installed but I only play it once and a while. It's a little harder to get very far without spending money I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Airline Manager 2 for the last year or so. Handy little time killer.

There's a leader board so it keeps some incentive to come back.

Can be slow to get going which kind of forces you to pay for something to kick things off admittedly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Sniper 3D...fairly rubbish game.. playing about 3 odd years.. just can't give it up :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭joombo

Personally I like FPS, esp CS:GO. I love playing it with my mates and through eSport platform https://dreamteam.gg/csgo/players I can find new players for my team. Besides, it's a good way to practise skills with other players. I want to become a Pro one day and next month I want to participate in the tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭g0g

Empires & Puzzles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

I played clash of clans for a few years but lost interest maybe a year ago, I'm level 118. I've been playing boom beach for god knows how long though, just after it was released on iPhone and I'm level 65 with everything maxed except some hero's. Anyone looking to join a very very active taskforce?

Golf Clash.
    seems simple but very deep game. mixture of skill, judgement and levelling up of gear (clubs).
    has a tiered system of tours with different courses with regular tournaments with holes taken from the tours.
    new holes added.
    freemium but a well-designed system. you can't buy better clubs directly only special balls which can also be had for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Don't really play games on my smartphone.

However I've gotten into PUBG over the last month or so. Very (too?) addictive!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

I've just passed level 1000 on Cascade! :)

Oh I forgot! I have a 608 day daily puzzle streak on Flow Free and overall have played 684 days.

Advertisement