Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Night Heat

Options
  • 04-09-2018 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭

Howdy all.

A bit of a weird, random question!

Does anyone know the format/operational side of this show when it debuted back in 98/99?

It was shown live some Sundays, and was an hour long.
    Did WWE just use House-shows to do a live hour separately, or did they put on dedicated shows in each city? The arenas look pretty packed and there were some star-studded episodes. But I can't see them going to all this effort for an hour.

RAW was taped for parts of the mid-late 90's, so maybe Heat was live for the hour, then RAW taped immediately after? :confused:

I know later on it became the RAW "B" show and this was taped before RAW and aired 6 days later.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

It always seemed to me that it was like a SmackDown pre-show for the undercard types that didn't feature regularly in Raw or SmackDown, and was recorded before SmackDown as it used the same set.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I guess I'm referring to even pre-Smackdown when Heat was on a Sunday and RAW on the Monday. Those were WWE's only main "flagship" shows at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Heat was like a pre show for ppv's back then. I remember on some ppv them showing something Austin did to Vince earlier in the night on heat and furthering whatever story they had going on at the time.

Although that was only once a month so not sure about the weeks between ppv's.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,992 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

It followed how raw was done with some weeks life and some weeks tapped before Smackdown started, with Smackdown starting it was tapped before Smackdown.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_Heat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

I guess I'm referring to even pre-Smackdown when Heat was on a Sunday and RAW on the Monday. Those were WWE's only main "flagship" shows at the time.

On weeks where Raw was live on the Monday, the following week's show was recorded on the Tuesday and afaik Heat was recorded on these Tuesday shows.

Heat was live once per month before the Sunday PPV as a pre-show.

[Url]Http://thehistoryofwwe.com/98.htm[/url] has dates when shows were filmed and (in italics) the air dates.

Shotgun was a b-show with few main storylines featured but Heat supplemented Raw angles until Smackdown debuted in August 99.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Ah! Now that makes sense.

Advertisement