Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not getting Skype notifications?

Options
  • 03-09-2018 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭

I've setup the Skype app on my Android phone, but I don't get notifications when a message is posted.

I receive Whatsapp / Gmail / Yahoo fine.

I've turned on notifications in the app, is there something in the System I need to check also to ensure it's not blocked?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Android version is 8.0.0

Phone is Huawei P20 Lite

I just double-checked System -> Notifications -> Apps
    and Skype seems to be enabled?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,903 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Have a check on the "background activity manager" - you might need to whitelist it. Settings - Battery - background activity manager.

Can't seem to see anywhere it is listed as disabled.

Hmmm... I wonder if I can get Skype to email me whenever a message comes in, at least I then get the notification vibration via email

• Registered Users Posts: 11,903 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Are you seeing any option to check/uncheck in the battery settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,730 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

mrcheez wrote: »
    Can't seem to see anywhere it is listed as disabled.

Hmmm... I wonder if I can get Skype to email me whenever a message comes in, at least I then get the notification vibration via email

By default it kills background processes which is why VLC removed support for the phone, I believe by following the steps below you can disable power management for certain apps.
    You can set these up in the power settings - go to Settings / Battery / App Launch and change the setting for the app you want to run in the background etc.... It changes from automatically being managed to whatever you set it. You can also use this area to stop apps auto starting when you only use them infrequently - to save even more power.

• Advertisement

GBX wrote: »
    Are you seeing any option to check/uncheck in the battery settings?

There's an option to manage Automatically and Manually.

I've switched it to Manually to see if that works

OK setting it to Manually works... thanks all

Advertisement