Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday 3rd September

Options
  • 03-09-2018 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭

Competitive card at Roscommon today, quite a few that are in the tracker but two that I like in particular.

Piper Bomb in 5.10 has been running very consistently without getting head in front this year but has now dropped to 1lb lower than when getting her sole career win at Dundalk. Looks equally effective on turf as synthetic stuff on all known form, think she needs to be in front from start to be at her most effective and is nicely drawn to go forward today, Donagh O'Connor great value for his 5lb claim and was onboard for that win at Dundalk (only time he has ridden the filly). Would be slight concern about her fully seeing it out with uphill run to the line so could be some value in sticking up some IR lays at <2/1.

Luna's Luck in 5.40 has had no luck with the draw on last two runs (both at Roscommon) but gets a nicer draw one off the rails today. Last few runs have generally been steps in the right direction and is now 11lbs lower than opening handicap mark. Not exactly a heap of likely winners in opposition and I though anything in double figures was fair value.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

5.10 piper bomb 11/2
    7.40 miro 11/2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Dream of Words 4.35 11/2 for me. Coupled with this:
    Serious drifter, which i don't like so c/o for a small loss and went with a small yankee of Jacbequick 6-4 (4.45 Ffos Las)/Live Dangerously 9-1 (3.00 Brighton)/Rollicking 7-2 (5.30 Windsor)/Rey Loopy 6-1 (7.20 Newcastle)

Original bet today of War of Succession is voided in the 4.30 with yesterdays winner De vegas Kid now 2/7 :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Unusual to see a price movement from 67>26>17>13, but with the 4pl added Deanozoff 6:50 (still 17+), to the Accas,
    Also very keen on Ancer over in the stickball, he has been steadily improving, currently leads R3 @7, 3pl, 1/4.

Not sure if the @41 is still available for Arsto' in Windsor's 16:25, or ImaStar @26 later in the 18:30,
    but all feature on the 4fold e/w(5), and will require the trusty Casio calculator even if they just place.

Was pleased to see the Tyrone reach the HC Draw (+6), fulfiled some earlier mentioned fancies, but missed the shorter 7-9pt range.
    SwedenDemocrats@2.25 is still looking keen bet, as riots plague the streets of Eastern Germany.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Unusual to see a price movement from 67>26>17>13, but with the 4pl added Deanozoff 6:50 (still 17+), to the Accas,
    Also very keen on Ancer over in the stickball, he has been steadily improving, currently leads R3 @7, 3pl, 1/4.

Not sure if the @41 is still available for Arsto' in Windsor's 16:25, or ImaStar @26 later in the 18:30,
    but all feature on the 4fold e/w(5), and will require the trusty Casio calculator even if they just place.

Was pleased to see the Tyrone reach the HC Draw (+6), fulfiled some earlier mentioned fancies, but missed the shorter 7-9pt range.
    SwedenDemocrats@2.25 is still looking keen bet, as riots plague the streets of Eastern Germany.

Prob better posting these in the gambling forum tbh

Prob better posting these in the gambling forum tbh

The three horses?

• Advertisement

The three horses?

Horses are fair enough I would say but given it's all mixed in with other stuff and the main focus of it seems to be gambling related, I have no idea who or what "Ancer" is or what Sweden Democrats and riots in Eastern Germany have to do with Horse Racing. But I am not a mod either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Not sure if the @41 is still available for Arsto' in Windsor's 16:25,

It hasnt been available since 8.30 this morning according to oddschecker. :rolleyes:

Piper Bomb in 5.10 has been running very consistently without getting head in front this year but has now dropped to 1lb lower than when getting her sole career win at Dundalk. Looks equally effective on turf as synthetic stuff on all known form, think she needs to be in front from start to be at her most effective and is nicely drawn to go forward today, Donagh O'Connor great value for his 5lb claim and was onboard for that win at Dundalk (only time he has ridden the filly). Would be slight concern about her fully seeing it out with uphill run to the line so could be some value in sticking up some IR lays at <2/1.

Chinned by a Joseph O'Brien yoke (common theme this season), went a bit shorter than EVS in the run.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Riots in eastern Germany ffs let’s start a thread on betting on flies going up a wall while we are at it

Luna's Luck in 5.40 has had no luck with the draw on last two runs (both at Roscommon) but gets a nicer draw one off the rails today. Last few runs have generally been steps in the right direction and is now 11lbs lower than opening handicap mark. Not exactly a heap of likely winners in opposition and I though anything in double figures was fair value.

Value will be on the menu for dinner with that one so...

• Advertisement

the main focus of it seems to be gambling related.

The main focus (60%) was actually racing related, i.e. 3 selections with just 2 alternative upcoming markets for mixed combinations. Anyway...

kiers47 wrote: »
    It hasnt been available since 8.30 this morning according to oddschecker. :rolleyes:

Well hadn't checked since yesterday, when it was added as a selection at that price :rolleyes:. Ah well always leave room for on the e/w accas anyway for a spare line.

F9P8hao.png

Advertisement