Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone WiFi doesn't work with some apps

Options
  • 03-09-2018 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

I set up a eircom d1000 to use as a bridge (set ppoe pass through to on). I have it connected to a sky q modem through a home plug.

Some android apps on our phones has stopped getting connected to the Internet. Some are fine like chrome (I'm typing this message on the phone), Facebook and messenger and Google drive (this on allows you to browse your directories but not load files. My sons phone works fine(android too) and We have two laptops connected and working fine.

When I switch off the d1000 all apps work fine.

I have restarted the phone to flush dns and checked and changed the broadcast channel so the two channels are different.

Connecting to the d1000 on the android phone is the same, certain apps work and laptops work so I'm thinking it's a phone issue (Huawei al100 running android 6.0, snapdragon 617, 3gb ram).

Any help sorting this out would be great.

Thanks in advance

Omega

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

omega42 wrote: »
    I set up a eircom d1000 to use as a bridge (set ppoe pass through to on). I have it connected to a sky q modem through a home plug.

You're trying to pass a pppoe over a set of homeplugs through a bridged modem??? That is a ridiculous setup. Far too many points of failure there to troubleshoot.

Pppoe will be set to use the internet port on the sky modem. How are you connecting this rj11 port to the bridged modem, the homeplugs will have rj45 Ethernet?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

You're trying to pass a pppoe over a set of homeplugs through a bridged modem??? That is a ridiculous setup. Far too many points of failure there to troubleshoot.

Agree that its stupid but at the moment it's the only option I have, trying to extend the WiFi signal to a shed and the sky router can't be moved and can't connect the two modems via cat 5. Tried a WiFi extender, but no good either plugged into the house or the shed.

Yea to your question, cat5 / rj45 into home plug from sky modem the out of homeplug into & d1000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

omega42 wrote: »
    Agree that its stupid but at the moment it's the only option I have, trying to extend the WiFi signal to a shed and the sky router can't be moved and can't connect the two modems via cat 5. Tried a WiFi extender, but no good either plugged into the house or the shed.

Yea to your question, cat5 / rj45 into home plug from sky modem the out of homeplug into & d1000

It will not work that way as pppoe will be set to dial out on the DSL port on the Sky modem, not on Lan.

It's a stupid way of attempting to do this. You would be better leave a modem in place in the house at the master socket and either run an Ethernet cable or use homeplugs or a wireless point to point link to extend your Lan to the shed and add an access point for wireless

Advertisement