Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Briquettes

Options
  • 03-09-2018 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, seen somewhere selling ton bags of loose briquettes for €140. Anybody know roughly how many bales would be in the bag? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

According to BNM, a bale is 12.5kg so should be 80 bales worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Quickedge77

Chiorino wrote: »
    According to BNM, a bale is 12.5kg so should be 80 bales worth.

Thought that myself but the bag looks like it's holding nowhere near 80 bales, especially loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

Is it actually a ton, in weight, or a "ton bag"? I've seen it done with turf, timber etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

Thought that myself but the bag looks like it's holding nowhere near 80 bales, especially loose.

Watch out for the half bag of dust topped off with briquettes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Quickedge77

Chiorino wrote: »
    Is it actually a ton, in weight, or a "ton bag"? I've seen it done with turf, timber etc

No it's a ton bag so not a ton weight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

No it's a ton bag so not a ton weight

It's a bit misleading IMO. Sure you won't know if it's good value unless you know the weight of the contents.

Advertisement