Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The biology marking scheme is odd? Help

Options
  • 02-09-2018 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

So we just finished the scientific method (5th year) and I decided to test myself. I know the entire chapter inside out from the book. There was one question I did asking was the hypothesis meant and I said it was an estimated guess of the observation but it was nowhere to be found in the Marking scheme. Would this have been an accepted answer for the LC since that's the definition in my book and if not then how am I supposed to study biology if the book doesn't have the correct definitions for the exam?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Well what did the marking scheme say?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭kanadams123

Be careful with the exact wording of the question.

Did it ask what a hypothesis is?
    Or
    What is the use of a hypothesis/ why is it neccessary to have one?

2 different questions which caught me out before!!

If you post the exact wording of the question and what it says in the marking scheme we may be able to help you out better.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

Its worth noting that sometimes the definitions in books are either a) a bit crappy or b) too long-winded. I personally only ever got docked marks for definitions (which I had memorised from the books) on like two occasions, but if you want to ensure you get the marks then you can just learn them from marking schemes.

Advertisement