Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animation courses after secondary school.

Options
  • 01-09-2018 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello!
    I’m heading into 6th Year and I’m interested in going into animation after secondary school. At the moment, there are only two courses on my radar: IADT’s BA and Pulse College’s BA.
    If anyone has any info on how the two weigh up against each other I’d love to hear it.
    If you know about any other animation courses that you think are even better than the two I mentioned then fire ahead.
    Lastly, if there’s anything about working/studying animation that you think I should know about before getting involved, let me know. For reference, I’m passionate and good at art but I have almost no experience with animation except some fiddling I’ve done myself with free software.
    Thanks for the help.

Comments

Fees for the first seems to be 3k per year and the second is 8.4 k per year. Is that achievable?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bioshocked

Well I just want to find out what courses are good and then I can look at grants and the like if I need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭trihead

You should definitely look into Ballyfermot College of FE - their animation course was/ is world renowned ( several Oscars and some of the big animation companies in Ireland came from this course.

Advertisement