Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Gearbox repair cost Opel astra

Options
  • 01-09-2018 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all,

Does anyone know how much would it cost to repair a gearbox in a opel astra 2014 1.3D. The mileage in the car is 120,000km and does anyone else have this issue with this model?

Thanks for your help.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Which county are you in?
    If in Cork then http://corkgearbox.com will quote you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

I think your car has the M32 gearbox but I'm not 100% sure, it's famous for causing trouble!
    What actually happened it? Is the gear stick moving or did it fail altogether?
    My car had movement in 1st 5th and 6th gear, a rebuild cost €1450 in Cork gearbox centre in Little island,
    They said the bearings fell apart when they opened the box up!

Edit: my car is a 07 OPC but the gearbox is shared between a lot of cars, my failed around the same mileage

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭edburg

Hinchys were advertising box repairs for m32 from 700 euro.

Not sure 2012 using same box myself, maybe the f40.

Whatever the case when it's repaired insist that a proper gear oil is used and not the all in one red crap Opel use. Used a proper gear oil in my m32 box and not had any issue in 9 year's.

I had one a few years back that wouldnt stay in 3rd gear.
    a fella in cork rebuild it for 250 or so.
    i cant find his details but i found him on donedeal,it was an opel garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

edburg wrote: »

Whatever the case when it's repaired insist that a proper gear oil is used and not the all in one red crap Opel use

What oil do you use in the gearbox? I had the gearbox oil changed in mine last year and I have a bad feeling they put some generic stuff in, I asked them was it fully synthetic and they said that it dosent say on the bottle!
    I trust them as the mechanic has an OPC!
    But I would like to help the gearbox if I can!
    Do you do the work yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭edburg

bladebrew wrote: »
    What oil do you use in the gearbox? I had the gearbox oil changed in mine last year and I have a bad feeling they put some generic stuff in, I asked them was it fully synthetic and they said that it dosent say on the bottle!
    I trust them as the mechanic has an OPC!
    But I would like to help the gearbox if I can!
    Do you do the work yourself?

Been using Valvoline or Castrol syntrans 75w90 fully synthetic over the years. Main thing is its a dedicated gear oil fully synthetic.

Depending on your miles then service every 2-4 years unless your lead footed driver then maybe every year to be safe.

Yes change it myself normally.

Advertisement