Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Services Parade - Dublin

Options
  • 01-09-2018 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,318 ✭✭✭

I just want to ask people here about this event going on in Dublin today. I only found out about the parade which was honouring the emergency services while looking at RTÉ News earlier tonight. I want to ask anyone how did they go to the parade in town this afternoon. How did you find getting into town by car or by using PT? Was it OK for you to cope with any of the delays?

Here is the website if you want to take a look >> https://www.nationalservicesday.ie/

I was asked by my mam's friend last night to head up to an annual youth conference in All Hallows College in Drumcondra where a lot of workshops & talks were taking place today. She gave me two free tickets for my mam & I while she visited me last night. I live in Blackrock & was trying to get 2 buses up to the college after leaving the house at 12pm. I know how to get on the bus to town from Blackrock. My usual bus routes from there would be the 4, 7 or the 7a. I would normally get off those buses at O'Connell Street.

I know the usual stop on O'Connell Street for the Drumcondra bus routes would be near The Savoy.

But how could I get the bus to Drumcondra if the buses had been diverted in the CC because of today's parade?

The reason I'm asking you this is because I had to be present in the house for a gas boiler to be serviced in the house. I couldn't make the trip out today because the plumber came in an hour late at 12pm. He told me he got lost on the way up to the house this morning because he had the wrong house number written in somewhere while he driving up in his van.

I also don't know the area of Drumcondra very well as I don't travel up there often via PT. A little bit of guidance would be helpful to me if I wanted to go there next year. I also can't go tomorrow because it is going to be raining all day. The AI final is also taking place in Croke Park tomorrow between Dublin & Tyrone. I rather stay at home to stay dry to avoid the crowds & the rain. The conference will go at the college until 4:30pm tomorrow. It was going in All Hallows College all day today from 10am this morning all the way up to the social evening which could have went on until 11pm or 11:30pm tonight. Some of the attendees are staying overnight at the college going into the morning. Not everyone who attended it may have gone home and could travel back there in the morning to stay there till 4:30pm.

Comments

Advertisement