Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms / Health Centre in Dublin with Sauna

Options
  • 01-09-2018 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi,

I have recently started work in the IFSC, and live between Tymon Park and Terenure.

I am looking for a gym / health centre somewhere near or between these areas.

The must-have's include:
    • Sauna
    • Enough locker room space
    • Not over-crowded (no waiting for weights, caught for space in locker room, etc.

I have been to the Flyefit gym's near the IFSC checking those out, but they are very over-crowded & I would prefer somewhere that isn't like that.

I don't mind paying a bit extra if it means that the place is air-conditioned, spacious, etc.

Also, I would be interested in getting a personal trainer

I am also looking for a place that provides cryotherapy & deprivation tanks.

Is there any health centre's between my place of work & home that provide these services that people know of?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

The Iveagh?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭LincolnHawk

Probably get a better answer on the fitness forum....however:
    The Spencer Hotel gym has what you are after. Sano Vitae I think it's called. Not to be confused with SV Fitness next door in NCI..which is crap.
    Also, gym in the hotel on Cardiff Lane has a pool etc and small gym. Nice and quiet there when I trained in it many years ago. Think that is called Club Vitae.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

What's the Spencer gym like at, say, 2pm - 3pm?

Working nearby and have taken a look at Flyefit and the student gym (SV I think it is) and both are just too crowded.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 53 ✭✭FaxingBerlin

Westwood off Aston Quay is a good gym, free 4 day trial available. I never seen it really busy at lunchtime.

https://westwood.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Westwood off Aston Quay is a good gym, free 4 day trial available. I never seen it really busy at lunchtime.

https://westwood.ie

Would be ideal for me but it's about a 15 minute walk from my office in the IFSC, so getting in and out on my lunch hour would just be too tight unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

The Dublin City Council Markievicz leisure centre has a sauna, steam room and pool. I work on Tara st and would go regularly enough at lunch time.

The actual gym part is an ok size and has everything you need but it certainly is not a fancy gym with new equipment. But has pretty much everything you need.

Advertisement