Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surround sound effect underwhelming? Sony str1080dn AVR & Monitor audio Mass 5.1

Options
  • 01-09-2018 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Love my setup as listed above but the surround effect is not as convincing as expected.

Is there settings I can change to help with this, eg speaker settings?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

What sources have you got connected to the Sony and what type of connections (eg hdmi etc) ?

Have you followed the set-up procedure in the manual, auto-calibration etc ?

Ritz

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭GeneticDeviant

Hi, at the minute I'm just using sky q and a games console, both connected directly to AV via HDMI. AV connected to my TV via HDMI Arc.

I did auto calibration and setup as per instruction Manual.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

If it’s all connected correctly and calibrated then the only thing I could think of to cause disappointing results is that some of the media is not encoded ? If my system is fed stereo material it is converted to pseudo-surround but it’s a far cry from genuine DTS or DD varieties.

Ritz.

Advertisement