Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday September 1st

Options
  • 01-09-2018 11:51am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

4.00 Katiymann 12/1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Curragh
    4.00 Masterspeaker 33/1 & Zorion 28/1

• Registered Users Posts: 35,757 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Capture890.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Like Spiorad Saoirse in the Cambridgeshire today, run when just denied by Still Standing at Ballinrobe looks better now given the winner has gone on to win with a fair bit in hand at Killarney, bit worrying that best efforts have tended to come in smaller fields but apart from this conditions look perfect for him today and young Slattery good value for 7lbs.

Be rude not to bet something EW in the 2.15 race given the shape of the market and Happy Company looks to have drifted out to a very fair price. Like previous selction, this one also ran behind Still Standing LTO (at Killarney) and was probably not suited by the way the race was run. Has been running consistently in the main this year and a truly run race over 10 furlongs looks to be close to ideal for him IMO. FAV likely be hard to beat if getting breaks but price reflects this and thought 33s with 5 places seemed decent value about HC.

Also a tiny EW double given the related form lines between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Like Spiorad Saoirse in the Cambridgeshire today, run when just denied by Still Standing at Ballinrobe looks better now given the winner has gone on to win with a fair bit in hand at Killarney, bit worrying that best efforts have tended to come in smaller fields but apart from this conditions look perfect for him today and young Slattery good value for 7lbs.

Be rude not to bet something EW in the 2.15 race given the shape of the market and Happy Company looks to have drifted out to a very fair price. Like previous selction, this one also ran behind Still Standing LTO (at Killarney) and was probably not suited by the way the race was run. Has been running consistently in the main this year and a truly run race over 10 furlongs looks to be close to ideal for him IMO. FAV likely be hard to beat if getting breaks but price reflects this and thought 33s with 5 places seemed decent value about HC.

Also a tiny EW double given the related form lines between the two.
    Last year's winner Elusive time 50/1 with Paddy Power and 5 places seems over priced to me. I am on ew.

Last year's winner Elusive time 50/1 with Paddy Power and 5 places seems over priced to me. I am on ew.

Does look to have been targetted at this all year but advancing years and trainers mediocre record would put me off a bit.

Apart from the bet on SS which I am happy enough with, I had Terzetto clear fav so that is probably a touch of value now its drifted a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

Too darn hot very impressive

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

4.00 Katiymann 12/1

Great beat by an O'brien pig that's never even ran over a mile

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Too darn hot very impressive

Yep and he's good enough to get away with being and looking a bit of a mess in the early part of a race because he gets more impressive the further he goes. He'll be an impressive yoke if Gosden can bring him along to a point where he's got it together all through his races.

He's very different than the very professional looking Ten Sovereigns who trounced his field at the Curragh without any drama.

Great beat by an O'brien pig that's never even ran over a mile

Won over 7 as a juvenile and ran in 200 Guineas trial over 7 at start of season though

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Won over 7 as a juvenile and ran in 200 Guineas trial over 7 at start of season though

As I said not a mile

• Advertisement

As I said not a mile

Just fail to see the logic? If it's got speed to win over 7 then hardly going to be an issue. Lots of reasons why that thing could not have been picked out but not having run over a mile wouldn't really be one for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Well done on the ew double MH. Very consistent.

Earendil wrote: »
    Well done on the ew double MH. Very consistent.

Shame I did not have more on, 58/1 or thereabouts on place part

Ducky Mallon seems plenty big enough at 10s in this race now, probably high enough in weights again but Davis claim negates a bit of the rise and should be staying on best of lot at end

Advertisement