Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wfs forestry investment uk

Options
  • 01-09-2018 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭

hi all
    i received a prospectus stating that for a €7500 investment i can purchase 0.25 acre with 650 nordmann fir trees which then sell at a guaranteed €23 a tree. This gives you a net return of €14950 after a period of 5 years.
    All the forestry is based in the uk and is managed by walker forestry ltd.

When you invest - your funds pay for the preparation, establishment,
    reporting, harvesting and sale of your forestry assets. The farm
    management team in the UK (Walker Forestry Services Ltd) manages
    the maintenance and security of your trees on a daily basis until
    maturity.

The €23 selling price is after the costs of "rearing" the tree. The tree crop is insured against fire, explosion, pest etcetc.
    One of the key points in the prospectus is how brexit will be a benefit as import tariffs to the uk and delays at ports etc will push up the price of european wholesale xmas trees and 5.6million nordmann fir trees were sold in the uk alone last year.

What do you guys think? Its money that i have and am willing to invest but is this the best approach?
    How would this be treated tax wise as its will be an outside of the eurozone asset in 5 years time?
    The scheme seems to be offering 19.9% growth per year.........seems too good to be true?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

tom1ie wrote: »
    hi all
    i received a prospectus stating that for a €7500 investment i can purchase 0.25 acre with 650 nordmann fir trees which then sell at a guaranteed €23 a tree. This gives you a net return of €14950 after a period of 5 years.
    All the forestry is based in the uk and is managed by walker forestry ltd.

When you invest - your funds pay for the preparation, establishment,
    reporting, harvesting and sale of your forestry assets. The farm
    management team in the UK (Walker Forestry Services Ltd) manages
    the maintenance and security of your trees on a daily basis until
    maturity.

The €23 selling price is after the costs of "rearing" the tree. The tree crop is insured against fire, explosion, pest etcetc.
    One of the key points in the prospectus is how brexit will be a benefit as import tariffs to the uk and delays at ports etc will push up the price of european wholesale xmas trees and 5.6million nordmann fir trees were sold in the uk alone last year.

What do you guys think? Its money that i have and am willing to invest but is this the best approach?
    How would this be treated tax wise as its will be an outside of the eurozone asset in 5 years time?
    The scheme seems to be offering 19.9% growth per year.........seems too good to be true?

If you search this forum you will find Irish Forestry funds which promised fantastic returns and I think people did well just to get their original investment back after the scheme running for years.
    My advice would be to stay clear unless this is a bit of play money to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

As above comment

Avoid like the plague
    sell at a guaranteed €23 a tree
    they cannot make such a claim, even they back it up with a legally binding clause (if it all went pare shaped they'd dissolve the company before you got a penny) and you would be starting your legal action in a different legal jurisdiction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Ruthkrean

I invested 15,000.00€ with WFS Forestry Ireland Ltd in 2017 and was successful in receiving my return last week. I am more than happy to talk to anyone who has doubts as WFS has been great to me during such a strange time with the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Ruthkrean wrote: »
    I invested 15,000.00€ with WFS Forestry Ireland Ltd in 2017 and was successful in receiving my return last week. I am more than happy to talk to anyone who has doubts as WFS has been great to me during such a strange time with the world.

Congrats Ruth on getting such a fine return, and getting it early.
    Are you saying that your €15k investment returned the guts of €30k in 3 years approx. How come they paid up early, 2 years ahead of planned payout. I presume all investors were paid out early - would be interesting to hear from others who invested in this fund. Seems crazy on WFS's part giving investors such huge returns, why wouldn't they get a bank loan and keep all those massive returns for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Ruthkrean wrote: »

This may be legitimate but I am flagging to any reader here that this person has joined this month, and has four posts all of which are basically a copy/paste of the above message...

Tread softly, DYOR, and never take the word of a stranger on the internet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Ruthkrean

Good morning all.

I was not expecting such a quick response. I am quite new to all this so bear with me.

I was placed into an agreement of 6% compounded per annum over 3 years. I heard nothing to the tune of double your money and questioned this with them last year after viewing this information on this site but nothing more was spoken of it. There was no involvement on my side with the purchase of land, nothing in my agreement stated this nor was there any reference to my money going toward a specific amount of trees as stated in Toms message above?

My first question from the beginning was why the company needs to borrow from private investment or the like. They told me that as they don't see their profits until harvest and sale and with the banks requiring a monthly payment every month for loans that private investors were needed as an alternative?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 james0987

Guys, these people are scammers. Please stay away from them.

Look at this thread no 110041316

They do not return the money and nothing you can do when they stop responding. I suggest to invest somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Eastwood1978

Hi I have invested money and I’m trying to contact them but no luck. Should I be worried?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Eastwood1978

Have you had experience with them. I have invested a lot of money and now I can’t seem to contact them? Is there anything I can do?

Advertisement