Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android Issue

Options
  • 31-08-2018 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

Has anyone experienced the following. Since this morning when using the on screen keyboard, after a few seconds it removes itself from the screen during typing. (I need to tap into the text to type again.

Also if viewing a video through a website in full screen after a few seconds the video will revert to a small window that you can move around the screen.

Comments

914 wrote: »
    Has anyone experienced the following. Since this morning when using the on screen keyboard, after a few seconds it removes itself from the screen during typing. (I need to tap into the text to type again.

Also if viewing a video through a website in full screen after a few seconds the video will revert to a small window that you can move around the screen.

Sounds like you're somehow triggering the back button.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭914

Basil3 wrote: »
    Sounds like you're somehow triggering the back button.

That is exactely how I would describe it but I can 100% guarantee I am not triggering the back button.

Little update it happens in chrome, built in browser, facebook, Twitter, instagram, vero

Doesn't happen in youtube, slack, whatsapp, viber, sms

Haven't checked the rest of the apps. Using an lg g6

Little update it happens in chrome, built in browser, facebook, Twitter, instagram, vero

Doesn't happen in youtube, slack, whatsapp, viber, sms

Haven't checked the rest of the apps. Using an lg g6

Which keyboard are you using? The stock LG one? Have you tried switching to Gboard or something to rule out the keyboard causing the issue?

Ye stock lg keyboard.

It is also happening with the camera app when recording a video. Will stop recording after a few seconds as if I pressed the stop recording button so appears to be more than a keyboard issue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

Ye stock lg keyboard.

It is also happening with the camera app when recording a video. Will stop recording after a few seconds as if I pressed the stop recording button so appears to be more than a keyboard issue.

Or, with all the other apps and as mentioned, it does seem like the back button is being pressed to undo an action.

What version of android are you running?

Did you make any changes / install or update any apps recently?

Android 8.0.0

Any apps that updated in the past 24hrs I uninstalled

Going to try a factory reset and see how I get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

Going to try a factory reset and see how I get on.

That was the next thing to suggest. Just make sure you back up messages / chats if you use WhatsApp / Viber.

Ye just in the process of doing that now. My posts are short as it is so hard to type when the keyboard keeps turing itself off!

• Advertisement

Just finished resetting the phone and looks to be back working without any issues. I was running the pixel launcher instead of the standard lg, that may have been causing the issue. Its all I can think of.

Advertisement