Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How are sky these days?

Options
  • 31-08-2018 12:33pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My eir fibre contract is up in a week and they wont give my totally unlimited downloads yet they give it to new customers.

I was with sky when they first came to our shores and they were a nightmare to deal with, they actually made me two accounts and charged me for both, it was a total disaster and took over a year to sort out.

I only want broadband, im already with sky for tv via satelite but no desire to go with their tv package via broadband.

How are their support?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Jaysus they must be great so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

Dcully wrote: »
    Jaysus they must be great so :)
    Im not sure about sky but I had nightmare with Eir.I was on the old 1TB package and change to the new unlimited only to find im still on the old and got charge €5 extra.I ring them this morning got €5 took of it and he said I should be on the unlimited and won't get charge anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Dcully wrote: »
    My eir fibre contract is up in a week and they wont give my totally unlimited downloads yet they give it to new customers.

I was with sky when they first came to our shores and they were a nightmare to deal with, they actually made me two accounts and charged me for both, it was a total disaster and took over a year to sort out.

I only want broadband, im already with sky for tv via satelite but no desire to go with their tv package via broadband.

How are their support?

Are Sky selling FTTH via eir fibre yet?

I did not think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MFZ

rob808 wrote: »
    I was on the old 1TB package and change to the new unlimited

How did you do that? I thought "unlimited" was for new customers only?

Regards.

MFZ wrote: »

Regards.
    well you can get it just make sure you get it in writing and record your conversation with them make sure your on broadband ultra package and not the extreme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Are Sky selling FTTH via eir fibre yet?

I did not think so.

No. You can't avail of Sky on OpenEIR FTTH yet. They are supposedly running their trial, but because no one admitted to the trial is allowed to discuss on public forums, there's no information. They might all be on SIRO.
    MFZ wrote: »
    rob808 wrote: »
    well you can get it just make sure you get it in writing and record your conversation with them make sure your on broadband ultra package and not the extreme.

It's only for new customers and as far as I've seen, you've got be off their network completely or change your package entirely (not just add stuff) before you can avail of it. For example change speed.

/M

Marlow wrote: »
    No. You can't avail of Sky on OpenEIR FTTH yet. They are supposedly running their trial, but because no one admitted to the trial is allowed to discuss on public forums, there's no information. They might all be on SIRO.

It's only for new customers and as far as I've seen, you've got be off their network completely or change your package entirely (not just add stuff) before you can avail of it. For example change speed.

/M
    well your right with that I have log a complaint against eir and have contact comreg.Im going to give eir 10 day to change me from Eir extreme package to broadband ultra which was package I supposed to be on.comreg have said they take the case on if they don't fix it.

Advertisement