Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday 31/08

Options
  • 31-08-2018 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭

Bangor - 2:20

What Happens Now returns today. Price has dropped from 7s into 4/1. Missed the 7s last night.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

I sometimes like to tackle a race with unusual or different conditions as tbh i find that there can invariably be a greater chance of a price discrepancy.

The amateur derby at the Curragh today is just the type of event where there can be a wild one winning it when things drop right.

The favorite with Patrick up is quite interesting but thought he was skinny enough at 11/2 off 84 in this contest.

However there is one in here that im very interested in under these conditions and the jockey could be worse.
    Crafted Jewel for Sheila Lavery. She is a hard one to win with having just won a Maiden in 16 career starts. She certainly needs things to go her way. Has been running ok in recent months. Just ok. But she has tumbled down the handicap from a mark of 83 in 2016 when she was competitive without really looking like winning off that kind of mark. But she is now on a mark of 67.

I like the jockey too. Helen Mooney. She isnt flashy but she is well capable in this kind of contest. This horse will be doing all her best work late and there is some 25's out there in a spot with also plenty of 20's.
    I had her at about a 12-14/1 shot on my tissue and i could see her being well supported for this.

Not for everyone and you need a bit of luck in this type of contest but she is one that will give a good run for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

See the punt on Megamind in the 4.05

40/1 into 5/2

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

kiers47 wrote: »
    I sometimes like to tackle a race with unusual or different conditions as tbh i find that there can invariably be a greater chance of a price discrepancy.

The amateur derby at the Curragh today is just the type of event where there can be a wild one winning it when things drop right.

The favorite with Patrick up is quite interesting but thought he was skinny enough at 11/2 off 84 in this contest.

However there is one in here that im very interested in under these conditions and the jockey could be worse.
    Crafted Jewel for Sheila Lavery. She is a hard one to win with having just won a Maiden in 16 career starts. She certainly needs things to go her way. Has been running ok in recent months. Just ok. But she has tumbled down the handicap from a mark of 83 in 2016 when she was competitive without really looking like winning off that kind of mark. But she is now on a mark of 67.

I like the jockey too. Helen Mooney. She isnt flashy but she is well capable in this kind of contest. This horse will be doing all her best work late and there is some 25's out there in a spot with also plenty of 20's.
    I had her at about a 12-14/1 shot on my tissue and i could see her being well supported for this.

Not for everyone and you need a bit of luck in this type of contest but she is one that will give a good run for the price.
    Some mad stuff there, 2 horses that are out of the weights with 7lb claimers on board that are 2lb overweight. Why bother?

Bay Hill at a mark of 62 has plenty of experience winning at around this mark at the trip and should be there or thereabouts. 25/1 ew with an extra place with PP my bet.

Some mad stuff there, 2 horses that are out of the weights with 7lb claimers on board that are 2lb overweight. Why bother?

Bay Hill at a mark of 62 has plenty of experience winning at around this mark at the trip and should be there or thereabouts. 25/1 ew with an extra place with PP my bet.

Ya strange ones alright.. I put a line through both of them immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Fanny **** wrote: »

40/1 into 5/2

Also About Glory 25s into 5/2 in the 4.40.
    Same jockey on both

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Ya strange ones alright.. I put a line through both of them immediately

yeah as would anybody with a brain would do, If that pig wins connections and trainer shouldn't get a single penny from it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Liked Bibliotheca and Make It Hurrah in the amateur derby.

Both relatively straight forward rides and should be up with the pace from the outset which can go one way or another in these type of races but is a positive on balance IMO. Make It Hurrah ran a great race behind the rather nicely handicapped Camlann at Galway and reproduction of that would put it in the frame. Bibliotheca a bit of an enigma but capable on her day as she showed when dotting up at Ballinrobe a few starts back, been walloped by assessor for that win but has been supported in market on both subsequent runs and small break may have helped sweeten her up, Deegan a very capable jock and value for 5lbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

gazza1 wrote: »
    Also About Glory 25s into 5/2 in the 4.40.
    Same jockey on both

lol @ the jockey change shenanigans on these two punts now, total sh1tehawking

lol @ the jockey change shenanigans on these two punts now, total sh1tehawking

Thats pretty funny alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

D R 7.10 The Major General 7/1 blinkers now on but he looks a very decent horse and extra distance looks a major plus,big,big player in an ordinary race.Look at his Galway race where there wasn't a penny for him and Geraghty rode the winner.Curragh 4.50 Pleasurable 14/1.Backed her at Galway and found the tactics very strange indeed in a class 1 maiden.If she is held up today nothing will be coming home better[just hope she is not for the handicap route].6.50 New Direction 11/1 looks overpriced as on breeding the distance should be ideal and is well treated with a good claimer up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Fanny **** wrote: »

40/1 into 5/2
    Nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Nowhere.

Harringtons was an eye catcher at Galway but was seriously impressive there at the Curragh against a heap of well bred opposition.

Earendil wrote: »
    Harringtons was an eye catcher at Galway but was seriously impressive there at the Curragh against a heap of well bred opposition.

Did she not run at Gowran on debut?

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Did she not run at Gowran on debut?

You're right, it was.

Some punt on Willie's in the amateur derby. 5-2 now from 11-2/6-1

Fair shout there on Bay Hill Francie. Just touched off. Crafted Jewel made some progress in the straight alright but ultimately not good enough on the day.

Advertisement