Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many boards.ie users does it take to change a LED lightbulb?

Options
  • 31-08-2018 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭

I was looking on Future LED's website at these MR16s, but I need 8 for the hallway and bathrooms where I rent (hopefully for the next 4 years or so), and they only have 4 available.

This prompted me to look on Amazon, and made me consider the actual energy rating. There are A+++ 6 pack deals, like this but as I need 8 I would need to buy the pack twice.

Is it worth the investment over the A+, and A++ which are more widely available on Amazon? Maybe you buy A+++ from another website at better value? Should I be considering anything else when selecting?

In addition to these miniature G4s which I need for two under press lights, I was also going to order two GU4s for the cooker fan, but A+++ versions seem to be available mainly from eBay or Amazon Germany, and I would like to get everything together if possible.

I am also trying to identify the bulb type in the pictures below, to see if there is an LED replacement?

ZQPmXrJ.png

uCreOyp.jpg

SUliQiO.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,496 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Euro Sales sell that bulb (had 2 in the last house), didn't find an LED equivalent at that time. Stillorgan decor used to do them as well, not sure if they still do.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I've seen an LED version of that bulb in Mr Price. €9.99 I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Looks like a standard 284mm shaver light bulb. Just Google an led version. Plenty of options.

You could also pick up a complete bathroom light including the led bulb for about 25 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭cletus

B&Q have them for about €9

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

Iv bought loads of led spots from here. Usually if somebody want leds installed and they had spots with traffos I would change them over to gu10 fittings and do away with the traffos.

https://www.ie.screwfix.com/electrical-lighting/light-bulbs/mr16-bulbs

• Advertisement

Radium

:eek:

220px-Biohazard_symbol_%28black_and_yellow%29.png

Advertisement