Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lidl chainsaw

Options
  • 31-08-2018 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Florabest 51cc chainsaw in store in lidl, 3 years warranty

is it any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

LeoHughes wrote: »

is it any good?

3 years guarntee anyway.
    Any idea where this one is made
    Last one few years ago I think was same as husqvarna.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭LeoHughes

GY A1 wrote: »
    3 years guarntee anyway.
    Any idea where this one is made
    Last one few years ago I think was same as husqvarna.

Italy I think, its the 3 years warranty that selling it to me,
    not sure if they are any good though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

is it any good?

I have one. great little saw. its actually a Husky rebranded

I have one. great little saw. its actually a Husky rebranded

what is the power like? what thickness of wood will it get through smoothly and are they soft start

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pms7

Have the Gardenline from Aldi, 3 year warranty, good saw for the money

• Advertisement

pms7 wrote: »
    Have the Gardenline from Aldi, 3 year warranty, good saw for the money
    what cc and price was that in aldi?
    wonder how it compares to lidl own brand florabest?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pms7

what cc and price was that in aldi?
    wonder how it compares to lidl own brand florabest?

€99, think 40cc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

I noticed that they are down to 89 this week. Did anyone try these before? Thinking of getting just for some light work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭adocholiday

I'd also like to know, seems like a great deal if it is a rebranded husky. Lidl site says its 51cc too

did any of yous buy and what yous think

• Advertisement

Picked it up today but won't get using it until the weekend. At worst it'll do for cutting up some felled trees, worth a shot at 89 quid

Just an update on this (might be a bit late at this stage) but the saw got a great run out this weekend and it didn't let me down. Plenty of power, no issues in operation, and made light work of quite a few fallen trees.

The casing around the engine is cheap and the on-off switch is in a daft place so I managed to accidentally turn it off a few times! But the chain quality was good, it got well pinched a couple of times (operator's fault!) and survived with no damage and it had plenty of cutting power. Definitely worth the 90 quid anyway, has already paid for itself in firewood!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Just an update on this (might be a bit late at this stage) but the saw got a great run out this weekend and it didn't let me down. Plenty of power, no issues in operation, and made light work of quite a few fallen trees.

The casing around the engine is cheap and the on-off switch is in a daft place so I managed to accidentally turn it off a few times! But the chain quality was good, it got well pinched a couple of times (operator's fault!) and survived with no damage and it had plenty of cutting power. Definitely worth the 90 quid anyway, has already paid for itself in firewood!

Thanks. Went looking for one in my local this evening but none left. Going to try elsewhere tomorrow.

Advertisement