Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow spin this Sunday?.

Options
  • 31-08-2018 9:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

The fantastic summer we've had is almost at a close, but the weather is looking good this weekend (22c and sunny is forecast for Sunday).

I'm finishing a 24 hour shift on Sunday morning and planning on blowing off the cobwebs with a spin if anyone fancies a boards.ie biker end of season spin.

Nothing crazy, just as fast as the slowest rider so less experienced riders can stretch their legs over the Dublin/Wicklow mountains.

Stop off at Lough Tay for a few photos, its always stunning. Then down into Roundwood and Laragh (or if anyone else has any suggestions).?.

Anyone?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I'm up for that !! Bike hasn't been out of the garage in a month

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I'm a maybe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Maybe. Will see if I can get the permission slip signed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Cool.. I should have said, we'd be heading off from Dublin.

Meet at the Circle K on the N81, Tallaght by-pass at 10:30'ish and depart roughly 11 if that suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Watch out for the elusive "DEATH DRIVER"....:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭COH

Great idea & if I'm not stung going to Galway for a family thing I'll be there for sure.

Can we get patches though?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭neildyr

Id be game for that.

Haven't been out in a group spin for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Cian_ok

Sounds fun. How long do you think it would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Kinda wish I still had a bike now..... used to love sunday spins!

Cian_ok wrote: »
    Sounds fun. How long do you think it would be?

A few hours. Heading for home in the afternoon. Really depends on decent weather I guess

• Advertisement

Weather is looking like it'll be clear (but anything can happen up the mountains).

Who's up for a spin?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Myself and the missus were all set and I dropped a nut into my bike somewhere . Just had it all back together after 6 hours of wenching too :(

So we're out and we were looking forward to it. Defintely up for the next time.

D3V!L wrote: »
    Myself and the missus were all set and I dropped a nut into my bike somewhere . Just had it all back together after 6 hours of wenching too :(

No bother.

I'm meeting a few army buddies at the Circle K at the above time so anyone wishing to join is more than welcome.

D3V!L wrote: »

so yer bike has a nut allergy then.....:confused:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭COH

Wont make it out lads sorry - cracking day for it though ride safe & enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭MSVforever

Which circle k did you meet up on the n81 in Tallaght? Must have missed yous as there was nobody in the circle k from templeogue to Tallaght (n81 towards Tallaght ) at 10:55.... next time I ll be earlier....)

Heap of bikes in laragh today....some new faces...:)

Heap of bikes in laragh today....some new faces...:)

Which circle k did you meet up on the n81?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Was in uncle duty. Hope it went well lads and lasses.

MSVforever wrote: »

The first one off the M50, on the N81 heading out of the city.

Only three showed up, including me. A work mate and a boards.ie browser (hi Arnie).

We'd a lovely spin. Went out the N81 and turned left onto the N759 Sally Gap/Roundwood road. Up to Lough Tay, had a coffee and photos there. Then into and through Roundwood for lunch in Laragh.

Then out to Glenmalure for coffee and a chat. Then Wicklow Gap, Hollywood, Blessington and home to Dublin.

The weather was glorious.

• Advertisement

Only three showed up, including me. A work mate and a boards.ie browser (hi Arnie).

We'd a lovely spin. Went out the N81 and turned left onto the N759 Sally Gap/Roundwood road. Up to Lough Tay, had a coffee and photos there. Then into and through Roundwood for lunch in Laragh.

Then out to Glenmalure for coffee and a chat. Then Wicklow Gap, Hollywood, Blessington and home to Dublin.

Typical "organised" spin out...........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Ye had a good day for it, weather has been ****e down in Cork. Wanted to take a long spin today but was fairly shocking.

Typical "organised" spin out...........:D

Nothing really organized about it.

I was finishing a 24 hour shift in work and was going for a spin and thought I'd throw it up here.

Between the all Ireland and the Harp Rally everyone had an excuse not to get out today.

Well at least two lads got an introduction to the Sally Gap and lunch in Laragh & Glenmalure, hopefully they'll be regular Wicklow visitors now

I mean I'm Billy No Mates and no one wants to ride with me

Nothing really organized about it.

I was finishing a 24 hour shift in work and was going for a spin and thought I'd throw it up here.

Between the all Ireland and the Harp Rally everyone had an excuse not to get out today.

Well at least two lads got an introduction to the Sally Gap and lunch in Laragh & Glenmalure, hopefully they'll be regular Wicklow visitors now

I mean I'm Billy No Mates and no one wants to ride with me

Exactly the reason i ride alone, if i meet guys along the way thats fine..the amount of times i've heard the words "count me in" .....:rolleyes:

MSVforever wrote: »

Sounds great. I only saw the post in the morning so was running a bit late anyways. Met a few guys from Portlaoise in Blessington (Ireland can be a small world :) and ended up on some nice deserted backroads in Carlow.

I like a mix of spins: i.e. solo spins when I want to drive hard n fastish, small group spins with a relaxed pace and the big ones from Bikers of Eire for the banter :)

Lot of "patches" in Laragh on sunday..only assume they were coming away from the Harp.....tales of strippers...:eek::D

Lot of "patches" in Laragh on sunday..only assume they were coming away from the Harp.....tales of strippers...:eek::D

Yup, met a few 44 lads I know well, had a quick chin wag then motored on.

I see there's a few Viking village on Lough Tay, obviously for a new series of the Vikings TV show.

460370.jpg

This is a Viking hut during construction on the set of the show.

Advertisement