Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OL or HL Maths for Leaving Cert

Options
  • 31-08-2018 8:26am

I'm starting fifth year and have a big concern. I'm in Honours maths and I'm pretty sure I'll struggle. I just about passed Honours maths in the JC. Thing is many courses in Computer Science need an O2/H6 in Maths. They also need roughly 434 points. How difficult is it to get an O2? If I decide to do Ordinary and don't get an O2 I'm basically done for. Also that bonus +25 points would be really helpful.
    Sorry for the lack of structure I'm just so overwhelmed right now.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Talk to your teacher. Barely passing JC HL would indicate you might have trouble at LC HL, but people develop at different paces.

For some people, Maths just clicks in 5th year. For others it never will. See how you go til Christmas. If it's really not happening, switch to OL, but give yourself a chance at HL.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭kanadams123

spurious wrote: »
    See how you go til Christmas. If it's really not happening, switch to OL, but give yourself a chance at HL.

I agree. Best thing to do at this stage is to give it a chance! Otherwise you will never know how you would have gotten on in HL. Highly reccommend giving HL a go untill Christmas at least. There is no hassell them if you feel you want to drop!

Advertisement