Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCB protection

Options
  • 31-08-2018 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, im a Self Employed driver , just wondering your view on this about 3 and a half years ago i had an accident the payout was about 10,000.

In fairness i didnt think the next premiumns had gone up that much even with claim, so this year the premiumn was the same price as last year 2,500 but now i can get the NCB Protection but when i asked how much he said 500 extra is that not a bit steep or is this because i had an accident,?

Would you pay the extra ?

Interested in your answers thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Nuw

As always comes renewal, my first and foremost advise to you would be to shop around. That's the only way for you to find out if your current insurer is being fair or if he's taking the piss. I find it a bit steep, but my circumstances are not yours so it's hard to give an informed opinion..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Nuw wrote: »
    As always comes renewal, my first and foremost advise to you would be to shop around. That's the only way for you to find out if your current insurer is being fair or if he's taking the piss. I find it a bit steep, but my circumstances are not yours so it's hard to give an informed opinion..

Do these insurers work together so they know what each company is offering

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

torrevieja wrote: »
    Do these insurers work together so they know what each company is offering

Yes, that's the basis of all cartels. System wouldn't work otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Folks i have been saying Protected NCB when infact it is Protected NCD is there a difference ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

torrevieja wrote:
    Folks i have been saying Protected NCB when infact it is Protected NCD is there a difference ?

No

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

To answer your question without all the cartel bull****, price would normally be between 15 and 20 percent of the premium for protection. So seems reasonable.

Advertisement