Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game/Clay clubs in cork

Options
  • 30-08-2018 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Can anyone name some of the clay or game clubs in Cork, preferably west cork? I can't seem to find much from Google. I've seen a list of rifle clubs here but none for shotguns.

I've been at rifles for a while now and want to give shotguns a go.

Any help is appreciated,
    RS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

For the Game Clubs get onto NARGC they'll point you in the direction of some local clubs. Not the best time of year to be looking to join. Most will only take members in and around the AGM times usually late spring to mid summer.

For the clay pigeon shooting try Facebook for commercial grounds, or get onto the National Clay Shooting groups for direction on local clubs. These local clubs can be low key as they don't have the same set up or foot print as seen by rifle and pistol ranges and are often set up on farmers grounds etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭transit260

theres one not far from Keakill,,,i dont know the name of the club but can find out if its any good to you

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭RS98

transit260 wrote: »
    theres one not far from Keakill,,,i dont know the name of the club but can find out if its any good to you

Yeah please. Ideally something closer to the bandon area but I can travel if necessary.
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭TombstoneT

Hi RS98,
    Ballymartle/Riverstick Gun Club should be local enough for you. (Between Carrigaline and Riverstick)

Hope this helps.
    Regards
    TT.

Hi TT,

That's perfect it's only a half hour drive from me. I'll give them a call soon.

Thanks a million,
    RS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭ace86

Try pinewood clay target club they are on Facebook might be worth a shot they do mostly sporting clay shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭brieny1000

there is a clay shoot at the Cork show grounds tomorrow, run by the local club, Waterfall Bishopstown. you should be able to get all the contacts you want there

brieny1000 wrote: »
    there is a clay shoot at the Cork show grounds tomorrow, run by the local club, Waterfall Bishopstown. you should be able to get all the contacts you want there

Sound! I'll head up and have a chat with them.

Advertisement