Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to pick new bike?

Options
  • 30-08-2018 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

I’m thinking of changing the fazer 600 for something else but I’m not sure what, iv considered every thing from a shadow right through to an r1:).
    With the fazer iv an in-line 4, (claimed) 98 hp bike that handles well and is fair to pull @ 7000rpms up, it fits me well and I’m sheltered from the wind with a fairing and can’t fault it.
    Just wondering how ye decide on a bike lads. Do ye consider engine type say in line versus V twin or is it riding position and power out. I like the street triple and the mt10 the Aprilia Tuono caught my eye to but saying that I like the Yamaha fjrs and a cruiser isn’t out of the question I think :). I don’t commute because im very close to work but I’ll go for a spin in hail rain or snow and even the occasional sunny day. I would clock a lot of miles over a weekend if I can get out but mpg won’t keep me awake at night either. I can’t decide on a thing to even try test ride a bike or two.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,003 ✭✭✭Wossack

presume you'd want something at least as comfortable/powerful as what you've got already? you've already narrowed down the selection so..! I'd just do that, picking on what you bike does well, or you'd like if it did better. Tis a big game of top trumps

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Jackdaw89

Wossack wrote: »
    presume you'd want something at least as comfortable/powerful as what you've got already? you've already narrowed down the selection so..! I'd just do that, picking on what you bike does well, or you'd like if it did better. Tis a big game of top trumps

Thanks for the reply Wossack, my luck being what it is I fell off a platform Friday pulling a motor of a drive shaft dislocating my shoulder and to make it worse the motor came with me breaking two fingers, so I’m off the bike for a few weeks but I’ll definitely take a closer look at the street triple and aprila tuono. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Ah sorry to hear that fella. Plenty of time to do research now while you're out of action.

If I didn't commute on the bike I'd have a naked bike, either the mt09 or if I had the money I'd get the 10. Both are cracking good bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,214 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Buy one of these.
    If you can't enjoy yourself on it there's no hope for you!! :pac:

15fgbuo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭draycottgirlz

Jackdaw89 wrote: »
    I’m thinking of changing the fazer 600 for something else but I’m not sure what, iv considered every thing from a shadow right through to an r1:).
    With the fazer iv an in-line 4, (claimed) 98 hp bike that handles well and is fair to pull @ 7000rpms up, it fits me well and I’m sheltered from the wind with a fairing and can’t fault it.
    Just wondering how ye decide on a bike lads. Do ye consider engine type say in line versus V twin or is it riding position and power out. I like the street triple and the mt10 the Aprilia Tuono caught my eye to but saying that I like the Yamaha fjrs and a cruiser isn’t out of the question I think :). I don’t commute because im very close to work but I’ll go for a spin in hail rain or snow and even the occasional sunny day. I would clock a lot of miles over a weekend if I can get out but mpg won’t keep me awake at night either. I can’t decide on a thing to even try test ride a bike or two.

I'm the same, no real need change and currently enjoying my NC700S which is a cracking bike and does everything so well, but just fancy a change...

Was thinking along the likes of MT07/MT09, Tracer, VFR800....

I use it 6 days a week in all weather so want something reliable and agile...that has the ability to be a bit of fun at the weekend...

Sorry to hear about the shoulder and fingers, rest up It won't be long until you are back on the road...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,248 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

If you're using it for spins your suggestions of a street triple, mt10 and Tuono is a good start. I'd be after something a bit different. I was in the same boat and got a Hypermotard. When you're not commuting or touring you might as well get something a you don't see every day. I went from a BMW GS, got a bit boring seeing about 100 of them on every spin.
    I just picked something I liked the look of. TBH, engine type doesn't matter too much to me, they'll all be powerful enough, drove single cylinders and twin so another twin I'd be happy with, multi cylinder would be grand, I'd probably justify whatever I got as the best after I bought it! I'm with zubair, something naked would be what I'd pick. I had an open mind about what I wanted, if a good deal came up on something I thought was interesting I'd consider it. I'd probably avoid the big 4 Japanese manufacturers just for something a bit different.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

I read an article in the last few days on the top 10 motorbikes sold in the UK YTD. I can't find it now but all the MT's were in it and the MT10 was number 1.

Advertisement