Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommendations for Android Box

Options
  • 30-08-2018 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

Anyone have a recommendation for an android box for a novice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

kala85 wrote: »
    Anyone have a recommendation for an android box for a novice?
    Spend big for the best, Nvidia shield

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭914

Picked up a Maxesla MAX-S II with 2gb ram and 16gb storage.

Use it mainly for iptv and other streaming. Streaming away with full HD without an issue. Think it cost me about €42. I picked up a wireless mini keyboard too, all in all I got it for under €60

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

914 wrote: »
    Picked up a Maxesla MAX-S II with 2gb ram and 16gb storage.

Use it mainly for iptv and other streaming. Streaming away with full HD without an issue. Think it cost me about €42. I picked up a wireless mini keyboard too, all in all I got it for under €60
    If you're happy with it good luck,but I know as down that road, ended up with so so boxes, until I invested in the Nvidia shield, whole different proposition

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭kala85

If you're happy with it good luck,but I know as down that road, ended up with so so boxes, until I invested in the Nvidia shield, whole different proposition

Any links to any websites or particular boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭914

I agree the shield is top notch. I just don't have the use/need for a box of such quality. I run one app at best on it.

Also have an openelec wetek box for the past 2 or 3 years and it still works perfectly. Picked up the android box as the wetek struggles with the 1gb of ram with loaded with android.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Xiaomi mi tv (international version) gives a very smooth experience at a reasonable price. Around €55.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Xiaomi mi tv (international version) gives a very smooth experience at a reasonable price. Around €55.

WiFi only but I bought a ugreen ethernet adapter for about a tenner and works great.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭machu

I have analogue tv in the bedroom which is about to be switched off in the next couple of weeks I have good broadband I am thinking of getting an android box for this room but am no way tech savy all i would want it for is for tv viewing not interested in gaming would I get all the Irish and uk channels with one of these boxes and if so what box would you recommend.

Advertisement