Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday

Options
  • 30-08-2018 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭

Iolani backed off the boards from 9's to 4's in the last at Sedgefield. First time wind-op, this former Willie Mullins horse is almost certainly good enough to win such a poor race as this off of a rating of 94. Horse was only 6 lengths off the winner over C+D just a few months ago in a much higher class race, with 10lbs less since then, it should be bang in contention. Forgot to back this last night so missed the price which was a total gift, will still have a small bet on it though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

There is quite a decent card at my local track Tipperary(Limerick Junction).

If Hit The Bid bounces back after a few months off after a Meydan campaign he would have this lot well cooked. 5/1 seems fair although it would be more of a token bet.

Good to see a few foreign raiders over as well with runners in the Group 3 from Mick Channon and William Haggas and also in the Listed event from Ron Harris.

Also i thought Yulong Gold Fairy would be a bit shorter in the Group 3. She has been handed some hard assignments in the Guinneas and also some trials before her latest drop back to a Listed event which she battled well in and was about a length up on the O Brien filly who is favourite today I Can Fly. 5/1 on her also seems a bit out but i thought it was a very open race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Also like Hit The Bid. Would be half price it is if trained by someone more fashionable, thought was a decent bet.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

4.40 Sir Tivo 4/1
    5.40 Im Serious 11/1
    6.10 you Cant catch me 11/1
    7.10 Carrigready 12/1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Big punt on Royals & Rebels in the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Iolani backed off the boards from 9's to 4's in the last at Sedgefield. First time wind-op, this former Willie Mullins horse is almost certainly good enough to win such a poor race as this off of a rating of 94. Horse was only 6 lengths off the winner over C+D just a few months ago in a much higher class race, with 10lbs less since then, it should be bang in contention. Forgot to back this last night so missed the price which was a total gift, will still have a small bet on it though.
    Shaped well, found nothing in the end. Needs stepped up in trip.

• Advertisement
Advertisement