Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching council registration

Options
  • 30-08-2018 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I am in the process of registering with the teaching council (post primary) when I asked them if teachers are allowed to teach and can be employed to teach a subject they were not registered with the council for they replied "Of course, this is between you and the employer". So for example if the TC registered History as my degree subject but I have a pgce in Modern foreign languages I could go ahead and apply for French posts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Charlie27

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Once you registered in one subject , employers can ask you teach anything. Fire away.

But will they pay you as unqualified?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Once you registered in one subject , employers can ask you teach anything. Fire away.

Yes but you if you are hired, you are hired for the subjects on your TC registration and then it is up to the principal to decide what you teach. Avatar explained this is the other thread by the OP. The OP will find it difficult to find sustainable employment with just history.
    Charlie27 wrote: »
    But will they pay you as unqualified?

Only in an ETB.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Charlie27

Yes but you if you are hired, you are hired for the subjects on your TC registration and then it is up to the principal to decide what you teach. Avatar explained this is the other thread by the OP. The OP will find it difficult to find sustainable employment with just history.

Only in an ETB.

Sorry whats the OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Charlie27 wrote: »
    Sorry whats the OP?

Original Poster i.e. you in this case :)

Advertisement