Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

concrete question.

Options
  • 29-08-2018 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

hi there

I'm doing a really quick repair job in an old house that I use for storage. I plastered up the walls etc and happy with that.

I then got this smart idea of drilling and screwing plastic poster boards to the top of windowsill (ie the ones on the telephone polls at elections I painted them white) as there are old wooden boards (sleepers)inside the wall to attach the posters at the top of the window sill. The plaster covering the wooden boards fell off over time. The wood is still good and not rotten. Its cut sleepers so plenty of strength in it.

I thought by screwing the posters into the sleepers would stop cold drafts creeping through and had the mad idea I could plaster over them for perfect seal. I was going to plaster over the boards then to seal them but from quick experiment the concrete after drying does not adhere too greatly to the boards. I am wiser now after finding out.

I have a stupid question but is there anything that would help stick the concrete to the poster boards? This is a quick repair job and I'm not living in this house just use it for storage and trying to insulate the walls at the windowsills. I should have plastered without attaching the poster boards but now I'm stuck with this problem.

Any solutions? I am a cowboy here I know but it's my own old house i am trying to repair without spending too much money. Not partucular on how it turns out once I can safely secure it.

Hopefully someone can reply and offer some solution.

Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement