Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork: what to do there

Options
  • 29-08-2018 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Hey!

So, I am going to be spending a few days in Cork in the middle of October, from Tuesday to Friday night/Saturday morning (last one TBD).

What are the recommendable pubs/clubs/meetups/etc? I'm down to go to either a bar or a bookclub, so any recs are welcome.

:D:D:D

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Hey there!

You can try Chambers for the nightlife on Friday night, it's Cork's only gay club or bar, that I'm aware of. But Cork city centre is pretty gay friendly these days anyway, so don't ignore any other places too.

We have some nice coffee places like filter, soma, three fools. Myo is a nice cafe to visit.

Try mutton lane bar or roundy bar too.

Cork lost its "gay scene" years ago, but plenty trendy hipster spots to check out.

Maybe other posters can help you more. But Cork is a great city, I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭breatheme

Thanks a bunch, I googled Chambers and it seemed good, will definitely stop there and the coffee places as well. (I'm a coffee addict.)

Also, I was googling and came upon a place called Ruby Lounge, is that one good?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jim-jam

breatheme wrote: »
    Thanks a bunch, I googled Chambers and it seemed good, will definitely stop there and the coffee places as well. (I'm a coffee addict.)

Also, I was googling and came upon a place called Ruby Lounge, is that one good?

The Ruby Lounge is Chambers. Chambers changed it to that a few years back then changed back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

I'd +1 on Cork being quite generally gay friendly.
    The fading out of Loafers was sad but I think in a way it just coincided with the city morphing into a far more open minded place.

I'm seeing a lot more displays of same sex affection like holding hands and generally being all coupley around Cork generally.

So definitely don't ignore other venues. It has a whole cluster of really top notch casual dining restaurants too, including some amazing veggie places and probably the best Japanese restaurant in Ireland.

Google around for reviews but definitely don't feel you can't have a romantic dinner.

Advertisement